Commercials you love or hate

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
when the good ol XFL or XNFL or whatever was on, there was a parody with the XPGA with people knocking eachother out with golf clubs, tampering with carts, and so on...that was HILARIOUS!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Love - the Hershey Kisses performing Jingle Bells. It runs every holiday season and has won every advertising award there is.
I didn't know they had advertising awards! :stick_out_tongue: But that one sure deserves them!! I think I mentioned it in my first post on this thread. A really great commercial - second only, for me, to the Eat 'N' Park one with the star trying to hop on top of the tree. ***sigh***
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hate: Kay Jewelers. "Every kiss begins with Kay." How moronic is that? And what's the matter with a stuffed reindeer? :attitude: The local jewelers are even worse, though. We've got one near us with these signs out front. One read: "Our diamonds are a real hit! They don't look like frozen spit!" :eek: Well, I should hope not!!!
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I didn't know they had advertising awards! :stick_out_tongue: But that one sure deserves them!! I think I mentioned it in my first post on this thread. A really great commercial - second only, for me, to the Eat 'N' Park one with the star trying to hop on top of the tree. ***sigh***
Erin

I should never, ever be on the forum when I'm tired. It isn't Jingle Bells, it's "We Wish You A Merry Christmas". The kisses. And I knew that. Good grief, I've only seen it 8 million times.

There are many awards in the ad industry, for all media, print, T.V., etc. The most prestigious are the Clio awards, the Oscars of advertising. You can type in Clio Awards in your search window and you'll go right to the lists of winners.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
HATE HATE HATE HATE: ones where santa gets diarrhea, itchiness, or anything else gross....I mean he's santa....that shouldn't happen to him!
I hate commercials with Santa in them period... they always make him look like a doofus or a Creep... except i do like the M&M's one ("They do exist...ohhh") Errr... except the one with the woman explaining it...

The local jewelers are even worse, though. We've got one near us with these signs out front. One read: "Our diamonds are a real hit! They don't look like frozen spit!"
that commercial sounds like.... never mind... I can't believe they have people paid to say that... a five year old can make that up...

I also hate local radio commercials with ANNOYING jingles... usually they are just monotone people droning to the beat of a bad drum riff... crap crap crap...

I hate local resteraunt ads to... yuck! They're all shot in SLP (EP) modde and look 10 years old... :attitude:

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Love: The one with the old lady holding the little dog, and she's talking in a high-pitched voice and the dog is yelping along with her. I do this sort of thing with my cat all the time. :smile: I forget what the ad was for.

This one I don't love or hate and I'm not scared by it, but I don't get the Vanilla Coke commercials. Why would someone look through a random hole in a fence or whatever they did? I guess the moral of the story is "Poke your nose where it doesn't belong and you'll be puni- err, rewarded with Vanilla Coke!"

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I also hate local radio commercials with ANNOYING jingles...
I'm a big fan of many radio jingles - though many can be quite annoying! But I drive my brother crazy singing along with the OREO jingle. I also love the Outback Steakhouse commercials, the Drive a Honda, and some others.
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
When I was little, my older siblings always had the T.V. on. I absorbed the ad jingles without realizing it. Each week, in the grocery store, I'd be in the cart being rolled along and I'd sing out loud every jingle to every item I spotted on the store shelves. Drove my mother bats. ( :cool: :cool: :cool: ) I still absorb them but no longer sing them in the store, as far as I know. Only while doing dishes.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I just saw this commercial for Miller Beer that was really cool and funny. We spent the whole commercial trying to figure out what it was advertising. But it started out in the office, and something started a chain reaction that wound up resulting in everybody in the town falling over Dominoes-fashion until this one guy stepped out of the way and drank a Miller. It was really cool to watch, though. I wonder how they filmed it!
Erin