Coming Next on Sesame: Out of Context Gold

Drtooth

Reaction score
Remember the old "Coming Next on Sesame Street" episodes previews? Is it just me, or did they purposely pick the most strange when out of context clips when they showed these? Kingston Livingston's weird ABC Chicken Dance or (my personal favorite) Telly selling long billed headwear, for example.

I really REALLY wish all of these could be archived on Youtube.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If we get any episodes from that era on DVD, I wonder if they would include those (just as the Old School DVDs include, for the most part, the sponsorship credits and PBS logo). I can't remember off-hand the iTunes copies of the season 25 episodes include them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never really see anyone upload any of these. I had to, as a favor, comb through hundreds of Youtube Poops to get footage of just Big Bird's intro and outtro.

All I remember is the Happy Caps one and the Kingston Livingston one. But anything out of context is gut bustingly hilarious.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
To this day I remember one that showed Bob promoting Oscar's newsstand, with a song-and-dance routine. He was even in a barbershop quartet-type costume.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never really see anyone upload any of these. I had to, as a favor, comb through hundreds of Youtube Poops to get footage of just Big Bird's intro and outtro.
Well, considering it was from one of the public's least favorite eras of SST, does it really surprise you?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Well, considering it was from one of the public's least favorite eras of SST, does it really surprise you?
I never understood why. The Around the Corner era was awesome. I wish they'd never dropped it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if PBS was the one that suggested they do away with it. Especially if they wanted to switch up the air dates of certain episodes.

cjd874

Reaction score
Yes, there were some really strange ones. I was a kid when they had the "Coming Next" features, and the one that I most clearly remember was one where Baby Bear and Zoe see a crank on Oscar's trash can, like a jack-in-the-box. BB twists the crank, and Oscar flies out of his can into the sky. Does ANYONE remember this??

Hubert

Reaction score
These sound pretty interesting. Don't really remember much about them, though. What year were they in?