Colour of Reds hair??

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Working on my Red Fraggle poser at the moment. I'm struggling to decide which colour feather to use for her hair. Older pics look like red feathers maybe with a few lighter red mixed in, but later more recent pics her hair looks orange!?

Anyone have the answer?

Also, is her hair strands stuck on a tube/rod or is it more likely to be ostrich feather fringe, wrapped around starting at the top!!

Thanks

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score

Here are two options. I think the burnt orange would be good??

Chris

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think a bright orange and then an orange-yellow is the way to go. I'd say either orange you posted would do for the main color, so go with whatever works for you. Me, I plan to use some orange feathers I bought a while back, and for the accent use some of the orange-yellow feathers I have left over from Wembley.

freggel

Reaction score
Hello,

I build a Red Fraggle puppet, too!
I think the burnt Orange is the right! I order a 8play ostrich boa in burnt Orange and I think it is ok.
My problem is to find the right dye for the antron fleece. I`m using "golden yellow" from RIT DYE, but the result is to bright and to yellow. Has anybody an idea which colors are mixed for the perfect Red Fraggle skin?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
122c 109u are the pantone reference colours for Red. Google image search to see the colours!!? It is a very bright yellow??

Chris

Slackbot

Reaction score
When dyeing Antron fleece--and hair feathers--I usually use dilute baths so as not to overdo the color. For Wembley's greenish-yellow skin I did two baths of lemon yellow and then a very, very quick, dilute bath of kelly green.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
For my Red I used about 1/2 a pack of the golden yellow rit dye in a dilute bath.

With regards to her hair, I chose the orange. So many pics look different. But based on the pantone colour and the colour of her hair in the pic below I'm happy with my choice.

Also when I seen the 'real' Red on display in Spain her hair was quite a light shade too.

Chris