College

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just moved in to my dorm today! It's very exciting:smile: Of course, one of the first things I did was put my muppets poster up! I opted to leave my Palisades figures at home though so nothing would happen to them:smile: I still don't feel like I'm about to start college, I just feel like I'm at camp or something like that. I suppose I will get used to it though. I'm thinking about starting a Muppet interest group club in my dorm!

gymkatarules

Reaction score
College, at a university at least (in a dorm setting), is just one big party. You can't help that sometimes. Everyone's there to learn, and they do, but it gets crazy. Much more like camp than one might expect going in. Much better than high school, too.

-Chris

EmmyMik

Reaction score
College rocks. I don't live in the dorms (I still live with Mommy and Daddy), but my friend does. One day I was walking through her dorm, and I heard the "Fraggle Rock" theme playing from some other room (and this was on my first day of college. How wonderfully exciting)...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Ah, college. I speak as an experienced member of that place, having just entered my senior year at Monmouth. Lived in the same dorm for all four years (though not in the same room with the same roommate; you don't wanna hear my horror stories about the roommates). Hope everything goes well for you.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Thanks but i've discovered that i've become more than a little homesick so i hope to get over that as soon as possible

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
That's normal. Give yourself a few days to a week to get used to the routine of classes and all that, and you'll get over it (translated as: you'll be too busy to be homesick! :wink:)

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Ah, college. I speak as an experienced member of that place, having just entered my senior year at Monmouth
Do you go to Monmouth University? If so, I am like fifteen minutes from you!

Jackie

Reaction score
College is so much fun. Everyone gets homesick, especially when you have a good home and good family. College is great too and you'll soon see that the people there will becomes like your second family. You'll be too busy to notice. School all day, friends all night, then you don't even have time to think before you go to sleep. I don't even live on campus and that's how it is with me! LOL! Don't worry, you'll be just fine. And you always have us Muppet Central freaks here ! :wink:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I'm already even feeling tons better. My dorm had an intrest group bazaar today and they had a muppet intrest group!!! I signed up for it right away!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Do you go to Monmouth University? If so, I am like fifteen minutes from you!
Nope, sorry. I go to Monmouth College, a private school in central IL. You're probably somewhere on the East Coast, right?

Too bad; it would have been cool to have a fellow Muppet fan in the area. *mock cries* I feel so isolated!