College basketball - Let's go Nova!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well March Madness is upon us! The NCAA tournament starts soon. I was wondering if anyone has any favorite team they're pulling for. In professional sports, I don't root for the local Philadelphia teams, having previously been from Maryland and New York. But I do like the local college teams. So I am very happy to see how good the Villanova Wildcats are doing this year. They are ranked number 2 in the country and, since #1 Connecticut lost last night, may be ranked #1 soon! They are a lot of fun to watch and can make shots consistently from amazing distances. They won a championship back in 1985. I think they have a good chance of winning it in '06! Let's go Nova! *clap clap clap clap clap* Let's go Nova! *clap clap clap clap clap*

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Go UWM Panthers!!! Could they have a repeat of their Sweet 16 appearance?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Could be, Muppets Rule. They're a pretty good team. And sadly, after all the optimism I expressed regarding my Villanova Wildcats yesterday, they fell victim to another Panthers team - Pitt! They really got dominated last night. Oh well, at least it was just the big east tourney and not the NCAA one yet. But would have been neat to see them get the #1 rank for the first time ever. And these things happen - Connecticut loses to Syracuse, GW loses to Temple, Duke loses a couple of games - after all, it's MARCH MADNESS! :crazy:
But the icon I have to use now, after last night's crushing defeat, is this:

:cry:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm a proud UWM alum. If they play like they did in the conference tourney championship game on Tuesday they have a chance to pull another upset. Can't see them making past the first round though. 'Nova hung on to a No. seed. Tough bracket though. All top four seeds are good.

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
I'm just glad Indiana made it this year... it would be nice to see them make it to the second round... chances are slim... but a guy can dream can't he?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah I'm very glad Villanova still got a number one seed. The beating they took from Pitt was humbling, but I still feel optimistic for their chances at a title this year. They really seem to be something special with their experience and four guard system.

Ziffel

Reaction score
The games have begun! March madnesss has arrived! :smile: I love college basketball and really enjoy the tournament every year. I just watched the exciting finish of Alabama-Marquette and earlier enjoyed the double overtime of Pacific-Boston College. Tomorrow will be when my Nova plays!
And congratulations, Muppets Rule, on Wisconsin-Milwaukee triumphing today!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thank you Muppets Rule. And sorry to see W-Mil. just went down to defeat against Florida. Well at least they beat one higher seeded team. And Nova might soon be watching the tournament at home too if they don't shoot better than they did yesterday! Good thing they were playing 16th seeded Monmouth. I doubt their performance would have been good enough to get by Arizona, who they face tomorrow.
And did anyone see the Albany-Connecticut game yesterday? Wow what a job Albany did! Leading 50-38 in the second half. Too bad the Huskies had to then take the game over. But it was great fun until then!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Good luck with Arizona on Sunday. Sadly, my Panthers bowed out. It was a great season though for an upcoming team. It wasn't that long ago that UWM was still NAIA. Hopefully, this is just the beginning of great things to come.