Clive Owen to be new Bond

Beauregard

Reaction score
Acordidng to IMDB:

Croupier star Clive Owen is poised to be unveiled as the new James Bond next year, according to reports. Current 007 star Pierce Brosnan is reportedly planning to announce the next Bond film will be his last in a press conference in January or February. According to British tabloid the Daily Record, movie bosses are expected to announce Clive, 38, will take over the role - after being recommended by 50-year- old Pierce. An insider says, "Clive's the one. There have been rumors about Clive, but these rumors are getting louder and louder now. No one at the top will come out and admit it, but the claims it's Clive are coming from different sources within EON, who make the Bond films. Seeing Clive in Croupier brought him to the Bond maker's attention. He looks good in a tuxedo and has that edge which makes him attractive to the ladies, but liked by the guys. He's not hugely known, but has done some good films and is at least a name people recognize."

Now, I know that IMDB don't know all, but I thought we could discus who we thought should be 007 in the next films...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Acoding to IMDB, not that I always believe them, Clive has been dropped and this guy is next to the list:

Hugh Jackman Tipped for Bond Role

Australian actor Hugh Jackman is the new favorite to take over from Pierce Brosnan as the next James Bond. Brosnan plans to hang up the superspy's famous tuxedo when filming concludes on the next installment in the series - and X-Men star Jackman is thought to be top of the list of potential replacements. A source at 007 movie makers Eon says, "A lost of possible successors has been drawn up, and Hugh is at the top. He's got everything the producers are looking for - dark good looks, an athletic build, a sense of humor and box-office clout. At 35, he is also the right age." British actors Clive Owen, Ioan Gruffudd, Jeremy Northam and Paul Bettany have all been put in the frame - but they have now reportedly been eliminated. The source explains, "Owen lacks the necessary lightness of touch to make Bond a box-office success." While Bettany is "strawberry blond - and there's never been a blond 007". Bond director Lewis Gilbert adds, "You can't have someone too young playing Bond because they would never be believable in the part. And the chances of getting a superstar like Russell Crowe are slim because he'll be too expensive, he'll have all sorts of projects lined up and is unlikely to want to commit to making a series of films. Hugh Jackman clearly fits the bill."

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Clive Owen was on Good Morning America, and he said that while he's flattered Pierce Brosnan would have said he would make an ideal next Bond, he hasn't been approached by anyone about doing the role. He pretty much dismissed all the talk about him as Bond as a rumor.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hey, Kevin, I just noticed that you passed that supervillanous 6,666 number we were discussing a couple months ago on that 666 thread. Knew you'd make it one of these days! :wink:
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I didn't mean to. It just happened.

Geez--I have no life.

or maybe I should quit playing while I'm at work?? :embarrassed: