"Cliff's Nightmare" on TBS

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
Just a note that according to tvtome.com, Cliff's Nightmare, the episode of The Cosby Show with The Muppets will be airing this Tuesday (December 31) on TBS at 1 pm (eastern time). Maybe I can finally see it again after 12 years.

beaker

Reaction score
Ok, I am definately gonna have to finally get this through a tape trade next year.

And for any JHC employees reading this...I got a few hundred I can send through paypal for a bootleg of the Muppet Live Gala thing!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Not the best thing the Muppets have ever done, but deffenitely worht watching. Especially for that joke about his sandwhich disagreeing with him. "I disagree with you!" "No you don't" "Yes I do!" "No you don't!" Yes I do!" "No, you don't! The sandwhich is disagreeing with me!" "No I'm not." "Yes, you are!" "No I'm not." "Yes, you are! Stop disagreeing with me!"

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
Arg! ::throws something unbreakable agianst the wall in rage::
I always miss it!
I actually saw Cliff waking up from the nightmare on Nick at Nite!!
But missed the muppets completely! I didn't even see the food in the fridge at the end cuz I turned off the TV, then my friend (who was on the phone at the time to tel me that had I stayed online llast night she was in the proccess of telling me it was on!) informed me of the talking food.
So... I need to visit this forum more often than I have been.
You guys seem to be on top of things.
I also missed the Christmas special because mom had to go to Walgreens and other such places, taking me with her...Of course I thought we were only going to Walgreens at 6:30, so I didn't bother setting the VCR...
Oy...
Mothers, eh?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i recently saw cliffs nightmare on one of the local stations here in dallas. pretty funny stuff, although i also like the other cliffs nightmare episode where he, theo, martin, and elvin are pregnant..pretty funny stuff..

ryan

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I saw and taped the episode off of TBS, and I liked it. Too bad the Muppets only did half of the episode, and not the whole thing.

Okay as far as performers go, I know Richard Hunt did Statler. He also did Boppity in the audience, and I'm pretty sure he did the sandwich in the living room. However, I'm also sure that Richard did not do Sweetums. The voice was completely different from Richard's voice.

So who did Sweetums in that episode?

-Kim

Super Scooter

Reaction score
No idea.

Hey, Beaker, you want Cliff's Nightmare? I'll trade it with you, depending on what you've got to trade it for.

foofoocakes

Reaction score
Anyone know the name of the muppet who was tryng to saw Cliff in half? I think he was on the original muppet show but I cant find a name for him anywhere.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Foofoocakes: The Great Gonzo, played by Dave Geolz, was initially talking about the "operation." When it came time for the actual sawing, while Cliff was on the table, Digit popped up. Digit is a robot-like character created for The Jim Henson Hour and also performed by Geolz.

Kim: I'm pretty sure Richard was Sweetums in that ep, but I've heard that John Henson took over the role even before Richard's death.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
Foofoocakes: The Great Gonzo, played by Dave Geolz, was initially talking about the "operation." When it came time for the actual sawing, while Cliff was on the table, Digit popped up. Digit is a robot-like character created for The Jim Henson Hour and also performed by Geolz.

Kim: I'm pretty sure Richard was Sweetums in that ep, but I've heard that John Henson took over the role even before Richard's death.
i've heard from other people here saying that richard did not do sweetums on that episode of the cosby show...

ryan