Classic SS clip archive updated!

ISNorden

Reaction score
I've just updated my archive of classic Sesame Street clips on the web tonight. Most of them aren't 100 percent ready for YouTube yet (*cough* logo replacement *cough*), but I'd be glad to give you a sneak preview. So far, these are the episodes that I have "best of" files for: #1, #8, #43, #54, #83, #131, #198, #276, #355, #406, #514, #536, #666, and #796. (Some clips in my collection, BTW, got dropped from the DVD set...:wink: )

Obviously, fourteen shows' worth of material (even .zipped together by episode) would put too many hyperlinks in this post; and the storage site I use doesn't allow browsing/searching the archive. Please send me a private message if you'd like the link to any of the clip collections above.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I just sent you a message. Hope you've gotten it. :wink:

I'm just starving for those clips.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Same here! Send me those clips!
Here are links to the last five clip collections that didn't appear on the Old school DVDs; hopefully, the board code will allow that many web links in a post. You'll need an unzip program to decompress each "big" downloaded file, and QuickTime (or another compatible player) to watch the .mp4 and .mov clips inside.

Best of Episode 871 (just added tonight)
Best of Episode 796
Best of Episode 666
Best of Episode 514
Best of Episode 355

I tried to include a little of everything from each show--not just Muppets, cartoons, or street scenes--and to cover many topics. If your favorite clip from those episodes isn't there, it was probably edited out by Noggin--or already appears in one of my other clip collections (just ask if you're not sure. Enjoy these samples; I still have ten more requestable by private message. :smile:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I finally got them! The first one I've downloaded was 514, but I was a bit disappointed. I do wish that these would have been full episodes.

Anyway, thanks.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Converting a full episode between formats takes over an hour with my software; I also have to be careful with size limits on a free hosting service. (If you know of one that's free, would allow 5 GB of storage space, and wouldn't report me to Viacom for hosting 26 Unpaved episodes...please drop me a note.) :big_grin:

ISNorden

Reaction score
How can I download these clips?
After you click the links above, follow the site directions to download and save the file for each episode. Any unzip program that runs under Windows or MacOS will open the main files, although I've got a freeware program called UltimateZip. Click on the .zip file to open it after it's finished downloading; you should see a list of filenames (the individual clips). How to extract each one depends on the program, but an "extract" choice should appear somewhere on the "file" menu.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Converting a full episode between formats takes over an hour with my software; I also have to be careful with size limits on a free hosting service. (If you know of one that's free, would allow 5 GB of storage space, and wouldn't report me to Viacom for hosting 26 Unpaved episodes...please drop me a note.)

Okay.

(Drops a huge music "note" onto the ground)

...err...I myself wished I knew of a free service for that, but sadly I do not know.