Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Soul H

Reaction score
I would've figured How Now Brown and The Moo Wave would've been taken off due to the bad influence the keyboardist gives. I refer to the fact that he bangs his head on the keyboard.

I think that'd be great to see How Now Brown and the Moo Wave come back on Sesame Street,but I think they were taken off due to the fact that Danger's No Stranger had some violent content.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I would've figured How Now Brown and The Moo Wave would've been taken off due to the bad influence the keyboardist gives. I refer to the fact that he bangs his head on the keyboard.
Yeah and "Wet Paint" probably inspired alot of kids to through paint around the house.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Not the same clips, but still--

I don't know whether that was meant sarcastically or not, but it's possible; one copy of the "Cowboy X" clip on YouTube had this user comment, from a guy with the screenname "whammer0411"--

When I was like 3 I pretended I was cowboy X...put x's all over the house. Needless to say Mom put a stop to it...I got some Xs on my behind...lol
If nothing else, it proves that some kids did grow up imitating Sesame Street clips...and that YouTubers can confirm/deny rumors about the old clips reasonably well.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Question for ISNorden...

Saw that you posted "Mighty M" (which surprisingly aired in an episode from about 2 years ago) You remark about how CTW/SS may have had something "against the letter M". I find that interesting, especially seeing that M starts so many wonderful words like music, movies, magazines, and even the thing that links those three things together; the media. Why the word "matter" wouldn't matter if not for the letter M, and Mickey Mouse and Marilyn Monroe wouldn't have such memorable monikers (there would be no "memorable monikers" :stick_out_tongue:)

Why couldn't they have chosen N to be the "jerky" letter? It starts words like negative, nasty, none, nil, nuisance, naughty, and nullify (and the three negative N words in "The Letter N"; nothing, never, and no). While the word "nice" is a positive thing that starts with N, I can't think of anything else positive that starts with N (and of course words like "nine" and "noon" are just "neutral").

Curious to know what you think of my take on this ISNorden, so please try to respond back ASAP.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Saw that you posted "Mighty M" (which surprisingly aired in an episode from about 2 years ago) You remark about how CTW/SS may have had something "against the letter M". I find that interesting, especially seeing that M starts so many wonderful words like music, movies, magazines, and even the thing that links those three things together; the media. Why the word "matter" wouldn't matter if not for the letter M, and Mickey Mouse and Marilyn Monroe wouldn't have such memorable monikers (there would be no "memorable monikers" :stick_out_tongue:)

Why couldn't they have chosen N to be the "jerky" letter? It starts words like negative, nasty, none, nil, nuisance, naughty, and nullify (and the three negative N words in "The Letter N"; nothing, never, and no). While the word "nice" is a positive thing that starts with N, I can't think of anything else positive that starts with N (and of course words like "nine" and "noon" are just "neutral").

Curious to know what you think of my take on this ISNorden, so please try to respond back ASAP.

You've got a good point there; given all the N-words that stand for unpleasant things, you'd think those cartoonists would have capitalized (no pun intended) on that aspect of the language. Naughty, nasty, no-good N...doesn't that sound perfect for a Sesame Street sketch? (True, N also happens to be one of my initials, but I wouldn't take sketches like that personally; I didn't think that way as a kid!)

Looking at what's actually appeared on Sesame Street, only two cartoons ever turned the letter N into a character: one N was the friendly narrator of a montage about the letter, and the other was a blabbermouth who wouldn't stop throwing N-words at a reporter. Hardly as bad as the way M gets treated when it's a character--greedy, bullying, wanted by the cops. (Remember the Law & Order spoof from Season 37? An innocent "missing letter" doesn't need a disguise!)

mikealan

Reaction score
Here's the SS stuff we like to see on YouTube:

The scenes/segments taken from episodes:

810-815
1091, most of 1092 and 1093-95
1706-1710
2164/2366

ISNorden

Reaction score
*shrugs* Still, each of us can post only what they have; I've been forced to turn down requests from close friends on YouTube simply because I didn't have a clip (or the episode it was in).