Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
great lyrics, stewie! if you have a mac and have iMovie, you'd be able to use that, depending on what medium you're using to make the video.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Great lyrics, PinballStewie; fitting the numbers to the melody might be tricky, but otherwise the song sounds as if it'd be perfect on Sesame Street. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it--a 9, of course! :smile:

wiley207

Reaction score
great lyrics, stewie! if you have a mac and have iMovie, you'd be able to use that, depending on what medium you're using to make the video.
Or, if you've got a PC, then you can get Pinnacle Studio or Adobe Premiere Elements for $100 to get iMovie-style video editing.

BlueAM

Reaction score
PinballStewie's song parody is COOL!

I've been doing many myself. I've been working on a song called "Ways That We Feel", by The Stop-Stops, a parody of "Our Lips Are Sealed" by The Go-Go's. I can picture Ivy Austin voicing the lead singer, don't you think?

Of course, I've always been fascinated by that screaming audience sound effect in many sketches where the Muppets sing songs (Little Miss Count Along, I Cry, Cookie Disco, Count it Higher, Proud, Letter B, Thinking of U, 1 to 5, etc.), and I've been doing some with that sound effect, as well as intros by Jerry Nelson and others. I've been considering a parody of The Pretenders' "My City Was Gone", but I'll have to work on it and think up a title that would have suited fine for SS. It could be done by a band called "The Imaginers", and Jerry could do the introduction with a Cockney accent a la "Letter B". I could also spoof Warren Zevon's "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead" (it's on his album "Mr. Bad Example") as "Things You See When You Go to the Zoo" by Warren Z. Wolf. This could be around 1992, and I see his voice performed by Christopher Cerf (circa Little Chrissy's "Wet and Dry"), and Marty Robinson does the introduction.

But I've always wished they'd parodied Blondie on SS, though I am aware of that punk band that backed up Debbie Harry in her musical numbers when she did TMS. They could do a parody of "One Way or Another" called "One's My Favorite Number" sung by "Blandie". Jerry could also do the introduction to this one, this time with a New York accent, but frantic a la "Cookie Disco".

So, whaddaya think?

BlueAM

PinballStewie

Reaction score
PinballStewie's song parody is COOL!

I've been doing many myself. I've been working on a song called "Ways That We Feel", by The Stop-Stops, a parody of "Our Lips Are Sealed" by The Go-Go's. I can picture Ivy Austin voicing the lead singer, don't you think?

Of course, I've always been fascinated by that screaming audience sound effect in many sketches where the Muppets sing songs (Little Miss Count Along, I Cry, Cookie Disco, Count it Higher, Proud, Letter B, Thinking of U, 1 to 5, etc.), and I've been doing some with that sound effect, as well as intros by Jerry Nelson and others. I've been considering a parody of The Pretenders' "My City Was Gone", but I'll have to work on it and think up a title that would have suited fine for SS. It could be done by a band called "The Imaginers", and Jerry could do the introduction with a Cockney accent a la "Letter B". I could also spoof Warren Zevon's "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead" (it's on his album "Mr. Bad Example") as "Things You See When You Go to the Zoo" by Warren Z. Wolf. This could be around 1992, and I see his voice performed by Christopher Cerf (circa Little Chrissy's "Wet and Dry"), and Marty Robinson does the introduction.

But I've always wished they'd parodied Blondie on SS, though I am aware of that punk band that backed up Debbie Harry in her musical numbers when she did TMS. They could do a parody of "One Way or Another" called "One's My Favorite Number" sung by "Blandie". Jerry could also do the introduction to this one, this time with a New York accent, but frantic a la "Cookie Disco".

So, whaddaya think?

BlueAM

Sounds awesome! :smile:
Here are some other parodies you might wanna consider (that haven't been done):

for the Stop-Stops:

"We Got the B" ("We Got the Beat")
"Head, Shoulders, Knees" ("Head Over Heels") a song about body parts

for the Imaginers (I'm a HUGE Pretenders fan, so this might be a lot):

"Back On the A Train" ("Back On the Chain Gang") about the letter A
"Middle of the Book" ("Middle of the Road") about how to tell a story (kinda like "Beginning, Middle, End")
"(There Was A) T In the Town" ("Talk of the Town")
"Mystery G Man" ("Mystery Achievement")
probably one for "Brass In Pocket" about the word "me", though I haven't thought of a title yet.

and for Warren Z. Wolf, "Werewolves In Water" ("Werewolves of London"), which would be about the letter W.

That Blondie song parody sounds kinda similar to one I've had for R.E.M. for awhile called "This Song Is About the Number One" ("The One I Love") The band who did it could be called R.U.N. (which, of course, spells "run").

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Almost forgot, back to the subject of SS videos on YouTube, I saw the Little Jerry and the Monotones "reunion" part of one episode recently posted. It was cool, but what I would be PSYCHED about would be a How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Wave reunion. Perhaps they could do a song in the style of recent bands who have adopted the new wave style in their music like Franz Ferdinand or The Killers. They could even do parodies of songs by those specific bands, like maybe "In And Out" ("Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand) or "Mr. Light/Dark" ("Mr. Brightside" by The Killers). Both songs would be about opposites. What do you think of this? Be sure and lemme know!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Almost forgot, back to the subject of SS videos on YouTube, I saw the Little Jerry and the Monotones "reunion" part of one episode recently posted. It was cool, but what I would be PSYCHED about would be a How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Wave reunion. Perhaps they could do a song in the style of recent bands who have adopted the new wave style in their music like Franz Ferdinand or The Killers. They could even do parodies of songs by those specific bands, like maybe "In And Out" ("Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand) or "Mr. Light/Dark" ("Mr. Brightside" by The Killers). Both songs would be about opposites. What do you think of this? Be sure and lemme know!
I think that'd be great to see How Now Brown and the Moo Wave come back on Sesame Street,but I think they were taken off due to the fact that Danger's No Stranger had some violent content.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Sounds awesome! :smile:
Here are some other parodies you might wanna consider (that haven't been done):

for the Stop-Stops:

"We Got the B" ("We Got the Beat")
"Head, Shoulders, Knees" ("Head Over Heels") a song about body parts

for the Imaginers (I'm a HUGE Pretenders fan, so this might be a lot):

"Back On the A Train" ("Back On the Chain Gang") about the letter A
"Middle of the Book" ("Middle of the Road") about how to tell a story (kinda like "Beginning, Middle, End")
"(There Was A) T In the Town" ("Talk of the Town")
"Mystery G Man" ("Mystery Achievement")
probably one for "Brass In Pocket" about the word "me", though I haven't thought of a title yet.

and for Warren Z. Wolf, "Werewolves In Water" ("Werewolves of London"), which would be about the letter W.

That Blondie song parody sounds kinda similar to one I've had for R.E.M. for awhile called "This Song Is About the Number One" ("The One I Love") The band who did it could be called R.U.N. (which, of course, spells "run").
I just came up with what I think would've been a GOOD one! "What Is M?" by DeeDee Brickwall and the Old Blue-Greenians ("What I Am" by Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians) What do you think of THAT, BlueAM (and others)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think we're getting waaaaaaay off topic here...

so just for that, here's the 2000 reunion tour of Little Jerry and the Monotones

Unfortunately, Rockin' Richard is absent from the group. he left in a huff for creative differences. Mean while, Jerry and Jeffy are the best of friends, dispite the fact Jeffy did some back up singing for Little Chrissy. Why? Because Jerry Helped Chrissy into show biz.

and here's another gem about Grover being bounced from job to job. I guess he needs to pay off all those student loans. He is a professor, after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Q3ioUCGrU