1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

2. Robin

Robin New Member

Yes... I agree with you!

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great... Something was missing. Gonzo was wrong... on the wing of the plane Gonzo of the Henson years would have loved it! The other muppets would have screamed... Gonzo was not irreverent enough... the heart of the muppet movies usually focuses around Kermit with the other charecters rotating around him like the sun.... You know what I mean... also what was missing was goofy and silly sub plots with the more silly Muppet...
  3. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Gonzo did love being on the wing. He was screaming out of excitement, not terror. At least that how i see it. He was also the one who said they had to jump leading the way. That, combined with the xray and him jumping on the mail conveyor belt just because it looked like fun seems very much like the Gonzo of old.

I agree it wasn't great but for what it was and how much time it took it seemed like a step in the right direction, as others have said. I'd like to see what the muppets can do when they are not dealing with Santa.
  4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Guys, why did you delite my post? I said, "No offense."
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Best to let the issue pass, please. Even though something is innocently said, on a message board it can still incite a problem. Mainly because folks can't hear the inflection of tone in the words. I fell victim to this before when I first started posting at MC, so I'm a bit more careful since. :)

Thanks!
  6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Oh, I see.