1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Libba Yuki

Libba Yuki Member

I have not looked at all the links here (although I'm grateful they were posted on this thread) because I don't want to get too spoiled.

It looks and sounds great, which is good because I was worried this new movie/special was going to be more kid-oriented when I heard the plotline for it.

I've honestly LOVED each and every one of the Muppet movies and specials over the years (even Oz, despite how weak it was compared to all the others).

It does seem to be the first movie since the original three that has everything the fanbase as a whole is looking for. Favorite Muppets (both old and new), totally original story instead of an adaption or homage of books/movies (MFS was an original story, and I personally loved it, but it was missing the original songs that fans had come to expect over the years), and new original songs!

MFC, MCC, IAVMMCM were all excellent, and I think that this will shine just as brightly as the rest of them.
  2. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

who will be the performer of robin?
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Maybe Jerry dubbed in Preproduction.
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That's what I'm thinking. I hope Jerry lends something to this project. Even if it's a little Robin something. :sing:
  5. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

maybe annie sue will be in this movie. i love louise gold and i think annie sue should be in a lot more stuff.
  6. yetiman

yetiman Member

In that youtube video, was Miss Piggy dressed in a leopard-print negligee? :o
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think it was possibly her leopard print dress. She does look rather sexy though...Love her leopard gloves, although I miss her pink and purple ones.
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

In this week's issue of Entertainment Weekly, the featured program for Wednesday on the week of December 15-19 was, of course, A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa. There's the picture of Bunsen, Pepe, Scooter, Beaker, Kermit, and part of Gonzo with Petra Nemcova. Here's a transcript of the brief article...

"8-9PM
    A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa
    NBC, TV-PG

The holidays are all about visiting the loved ones. So who better to log quality time with than the Muppets? Charmingly cheesy compared with most of today's CGI-infused kid-tertainment, Muppets, which finds Kermit and Co. trying to deliver letters to St. Nick, offers what Muppet fans want: celeb cameos (Uma Thurman, Whoopi Goldberg) and corny comedy (Fozzie Bear is stopped at the airport for telling bad jokes). Miss Piggy suffers from lack of screen time, but you can't get everything you want for Christmas. A-"

A-, people! Even the critics like it! :D
  9. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

It might just be my ears playing tricks but some of the chicken clucking during the Mail room scene sounds like Jerry Nelson's Camilla clucks. I don't know for sure, it just sounds like him in a way. It would be great if he was able to lend in his voice once in a while for Robin. It really makes me appreciate Robin more and more now, we didn't see him at all in MWWOZ. But I am glad that the old Play Station game Muppet Monster Adventurer features Robin as the main character and gave Robin a bit of lime light then.:)
  10. Evoulie

Evoulie Member

Will the special be aired again, or will it only be on once?

Ev
  11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Whoa! That is awesome beyond words the it was in Entertainment Weekly! And it is even more awesome-er that they gave it such a high score! Gooooooooooooo team Muppet! :excited: Awesome with a score of sixty-eleven! :super:
  12. stick

stick New Member

i just programed my VCR, can't wait!
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I just read the article last night. EW's critics are known for being hit-or-miss, but their also notoriously vicious when they don't like something. I'm glad this not only agreed with them - it also won a rave!

I believe VMX received the same score of A- and they enjoyed Eric's performance so much they mistook his performance for a Frank Oz reprisal of the Pig!

This seems to have all of the fun of VMX and more (without the dreary bits) and great songs too from a Muppet music master. :)
  14. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Kermit on cover of the TV topics in Sunday's paper

Did anyone see that Kermit is featured on the cover of the tv topics in this past Sunday paper! and a nice article about the special inside! Oh this just keeps on getting more and more exciting! many people I know come up to me and asks if i know about the new Muppet special. I'm so glad that this is heavily advertised!:)
  15. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I saw him on the cover of TV Week... I wonder if it's the same thing? Did the article have the title, "Santa gives viewers a new Muppets special for Christmas"?

But anyway... YES! This is ALL so exciting!
  16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Only Two more days! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  17. Muppetplus

Muppetplus New Member

Last week I had a "ridiculus nightmare", as I call it, that involved the new muppet Christmas special. What happened was that I completely forgot about the special, and only caught the last 10 or so minutes of it. The "scary" part was that the special would never re-air, and there was no way for me to view it. Talk about ridiculous.
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You know it's so funny when you get so excited over something like advertising, but it truly is amazing and loving all the attention and press thins special is has been getting and the amount of attention is't been receiving as well!
  19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

People want the Muppets!

Man how am I going to be able to work today when i am so exited to see this!
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

haha! thats how i was all day at work today :)