Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yeah. But with all this good news, I hope that the special lives up to the hype.
WHY can't you just be EXCITED for ONCE? YEESH!

*ahem* I don't know how it won't live up to the hype. LOOK at what we ALREADY know about it! It'll definitely be through the roof.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
WHY can't you just be EXCITED for ONCE? YEESH!
I am. Haven't you seen my other posts?

*ahem* I don't know how it won't live up to the hype. LOOK at what we ALREADY know about it! It'll definitely be through the roof.
I just meant that I want it to be something to be proud of. I mean, there's been so many cases where something is hyped out the wazoo and it ends up falling flat. I just don't want that to happen with this special, as there's been too much put into it already.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm excited, but I'm also cautious. I think that makes sense. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm excited, but I'm also cautious. I think that makes sense. :smile:
Yes, it makes perfect sense, and I sincerely respect your opinion. Thank you for not over-analyzing EVERY post and just stating your opinion plain and simple, heralde.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, it makes perfect sense, and I sincerely respect your opinion. Thank you for not over-analyzing EVERY post and just stating your opinion plain and simple, heralde.
That's exactly how I feel. Thanks for clarifying that for the rest of the people, heralde.
Wow, thanks! Yay I rock! Hehe :wink:

Anywho, there are two different schools of thought that often clash and some understanding is required. It is entirely possible this could be good. If not, I'll keep speaking out about getting the classic material more exposure (Well...I'll do that anyway :wink: ).

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow, thanks! Yay I rock! Hehe

Anywho, it is entirely possible this could be good. If not, I'll keep speaking out about getting the classic material more exposure (Well...I'll do that anyway ).
Haha old habits die hard, I always say. :big_grin: And there's really nothing wrong with fighting for the classic material! Where would we be without it?

But... I'm less and less apprehensive about the new material being release. If it's ANYTHING like the Muppets.com clips or the YouTube sketches we're looking at an hour's worth of complete gold.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But... I'm less and less apprehensive about the new material being release. If it's ANYTHING like the Muppets.com clips or the YouTube sketches we're looking at an hour's worth of complete gold.
I do appreciate your enthusiasm, really. I hope I don't get to the point where I reject everything new because of past experiences. Things should be judged individually. :smile:

There are two different schools of thought here, and it does require some understanding. Some are still hurting from previous projects, others are not as much.

And indeed, where would we be without the classics? Not here that's for sure!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Lots more information...

Nathan Lane has joined the cast of "Letters from Santa" as a bitter airport security guard; and the wonderful Paul Williams ("The Muppet Show" guest and "The Muppet Movie" cameo) will appear in the special as an elf!

More information: http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2008/09/nathan-lane-joins-letters-to-santa.html

------------------

And for those who want to know what all these stars will be doing... here is a giant spoiler-filled read for you http://articles.muppetnewsflash.com/2008/09/muppets-christmas-letters-to-santa.html

Whoopi as a taxicab diver. Uma as an airport ticket agent. Richard Griffith as Santa. Petra Nemcova as Beaker's girlfriend? And so much more!​