1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 9, 2008.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I disagree, actually. I think if Bill is given the chance to have a scene as Rowlf he'll really shine through. When Rowlf appeared in a segment on "From the Balcony" and performed "The Christmas Party Sing-Along" on the "Green and Red Christmas" album he was very, very Rowlf-like, and I think the only way to keep him like that is to keep giving him scenes.

Agreed. Bobo and Tambor had great timing and chemistry, and Bobo is just an all-around great character to have back.
  2. matleo

matleo Active Member

I just noticed something in the pictures at MNF. Look at Animal. Is it just me or dies he look properly hairy. Not bald like in the early 90s and not overly-shaggy like on muppets.com He actually looks like Animal again. Excellent!

--Matt
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well maybe I'm wrong about Rowlf and Bill.

Honestly I don't dought Bill as a preformer, and the times I have heard him do Rowlf I thought it was great. I thought Rowlf was at his best in the Game "Muppet Party Cruise" where he had a pretty big part in that game.
  4. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

That would have been great if Bobo and Jeffery had scenes together, again....Maybe they could make a reference from Muppets In Space and say something like this:

Bobo: You're not bad as the wizard.
    Jeffery: Thank you. I do try my best.
    Bobo: Much better than the government agent you played in the last muppet film you were in.
    Jeffery: Thanks, I think? (Jeff has a baffled look)
  5. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Omg, wow! Thanks for posting, I didn't find a single thing wrong with that! :)
  7. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

You're quite welcome.:D
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Holy CRAP! Scooter, ROBIN, Rowlf, SWEETUMS, Bunsen, Lew, Rizzo, Pepe, Penguins, Chicken, Turkey, Gonzo, Fozzie, BEAUREGARD (!), Miss Piggy! Kermit! AHHHHHHHHH! ! ! This is going to be HUGE!
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

That video is awesome. I saw Scooter and Lew in that bunch of characters! YIPPEE! This will be an awesome special.
  10. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow it really looks like everyone is there!
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

12. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

aww that was great and I agree with Piggy Paul is a cutie rawr! lol
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Wow! Really cool clip and thanks for sharing.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Sweetums, yo! And Scooter. This is gonna ROCK!
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I liked it a lot when the guy yells to Piggy, "You're not even in this scene!" Lol. Good classic humor never gets old. ;)
  16. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i am really hoping to see sweetums, rowlf, scooter, janice and many others make a comback in this movie. i have never seen any of the muppet movies or muppet specials. ik that most of the movies are on dvd but where can i watch the specials? i am also in the proccess of watching all the episodes of the muppet show since i was born in 1996, by that time the muppet show was kinda long gone. and i grew up watching so much sesame street it's not even funnny. i am extremely exicted for this new speical. i think it's gonna be fantastic. and i love that it will be on NBC. idk why but i just do. idk if anyone had said this yet but i heard that it only took 2 weeks to shoot. i might be wrong. and there are gonna be a bunch of celebrities. the only 2 that i know in it are madison pettis and whoppi goldberg. but i just hope the electric mayhem makes a HUGE comeback. i would really love to see more of them. espiecally janice because she has been in the back round for years now. i wanna see all of the muppets that have been either non speaking parts or have just been more in the backround. im sure someone said this too but it is supposed to air on NBC on December 17 at 8 pm. i am so excited!
  17. ngreen522

ngreen522 New Member

18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That was freaky. Wow, that Pig sure has a wandering eye. I'm so excited about this special! :sing:
  19. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll 2nd that Jamie! :):):D
  20. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

kermit made the front page of the newspaper today on the banner of it due to the new movie coming out this holiday season. YAYYYYY