1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 9, 2008.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It’s been in the pre-production stages for awhile, but shooting is now underway for the new Muppet Christmas special “Letters to Santa” set to air on NBC this holiday season.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2008/090808.shtml

The Muppets have always been a treasured part of the holidays for generations so it’s wonderful to see the Classic characters returning to one of the things they do best. It will also be exciting to hear new Muppet Christmas music from Paul Williams.

Discuss away...
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

WOW! This is really happening people! There's even a photo out already, with a brilliant picture of Piggy in red. Glorious. Love it. And if we get this much news (and a photo already!) for a Christmas Special, what can we expect for the next Movie when it's made? I am seriously excited.
  3. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

I was kinda skeptical on this at first, but now that it's official--AWESOME! ! ! :halo:
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow, well that will be interesting to see! :)

Just hope the Sopranos guys keep the stereotyping in check (their thing on SS wasn't so bad). ;)

But anyway, I'll check it out! Christmas is a time for hope. :)
  5. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I am excited but somwhat skeptical. Are they playing it this Chirstmas? I was really disappointed in the Elmo special last year and just worry when something like this is rushed. Of course any muppets is better than no muppets.:o
  6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Sources said it is slated for a 2009 holiday release.
  7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

This would be a great idea, but I'm feeling skeptical too. After all, they have previously planned 'Kermit's Christmas Capers' and 'America's Next Muppet' and those didn't happen. I guess we'll have to wait to get more info on whether or not this is really set to air.
  8. Mr Humbug

Mr Humbug Member

Very excited about this one. I think A Verry Merry Muppet Christmas was the best thing the Muppets had done in a long time so I'm feeling optimistic here. I just hope it gets a UK airing.
  9. ngreen522

ngreen522 New Member

aw, man! I really want to be there ....
    *thinking about caling out sick and hopping on a bus to NY*
  10. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Christmas is my favorite season, so now I'm looking forward to it even more! This has just been a great year for Muppet fans!
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You kidding? It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie was TERRIBLE!

But that's besides the point... any chance of Disney keeping their promise about THIS?
  12. Robin

Robin New Member

This sounds interesting... Paul Williams? Good! Lets hope the writing is better than that DC trash last month.... Come on Muppets! I want to see some of that old magic! I love you guys! oh and Merry Christmas!
  13. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

you're wrong.

Why NBC? Does Disney not have enough faith in the muppets to put them on their own networks? But, sounds interesting.. hopefully, we'll get to see Johnny and Sal :search: .. and Paul Williams = awesome! :excited:
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Personally, I LOVE the fact they didn't just toss it on its own network. It at least shows they want to treat the Muppets as a separate entity of the Disney corporation. Plus, Disney DOES have a lot of things on NBC. Why, last Thanksgiving they had NBC show The Incredibles...

Personally, I felt the special had some great bits... but over all, it was rushed an uneven, and it basically had no plot. Plus the fact that every 5 minutes they had to make a joke about the elf screwing up. it didn't feel to me anything but a series of skits misplaced with in a story-less story.

This one seems to have a nice little plot. As long as the letters aren't a flimsy connecting device for a bunch of hit or miss skits, we can't go wrong.
  15. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i am so happy about this wow i can not wait but i am a little scared though that something might happen , that it may be late in coming say a year , or somthing like that with production .

I hope that won't happen i am just saying that because i know that it happened with some other produtions that was going to be done .

I really like the muppets , i hope that this comes out it sounds wonderful i saw when first logged into the website . I can not wait !

It is going to make my christmas ! My dad, and mom are going to love it to they always watch the new speicals or movies with me . We have done that sice i was little .
  16. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I'm still not really sold on the plot, but await more news.

Although, nutbunnies, I thought it would be coming out THIS season :/
  17. ngreen522

ngreen522 New Member

...just couldn't let this one go...
    It's a Very Mery Muppet Christmas Movie was quite hysterical! In the spirit of all of this recent good news, I think I'll be viewing that one tonight.
  18. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Muppets do the best Christmas specials and the best Muppet specials are Christmassy! I'm really excited about this. I can't have a proper holiday season without adding this to my collection of movies to watch. Wow...there have been a lot of Muppet related holiday specials.
  19. ChellisPal

ChellisPal Member

20. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Exactly. If they're already shooting the special it means the script has been written, approved, edited, approved again, and readied for the small screen. I'd say that this special is definitely happening and we should all be very happy about that.

And I'm in the boat of those who thought VMX was one of the very best things the Muppets have done--not just recently. It was snappy, witty, heart-warming, and all around fun. Let's hope this new special can match that.