1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikebennidict, Aug 13, 2008.

1. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I don't think there was any doubt that a print existed. I believe that every insert broadcast on the show still exists in the archives/ vaults... But I could be wrong. I think I've read that Sesame Workshop has remastered/ restored/ whatever every episode of Sesame Street a number of times in the past, even before the launch of Noggin.
  2. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Yeah, when Sesame Workshop first uploaded this clip on Youtube (Sesame Workshop has put a number of clips on Youtube and/ or Hulu weeks/ months before putting them on sesamestreet.org) I thought it looked like something was cut at one point where the scene cut from a wide shot to a close-up shot, but after comparing it with the original version, it didn't appear to be cut.
  3. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I saw a clip on the site called "Doc Meets Mean Manny". It was kind of interesting... It's very much like the Sinister Sam and Bad Bart sketches, taking place at a saloon, and several people being afraid of the arrival of a mean person... Though in this one the fear isn't played up as much. The doctor isn't afraid of Mena Manny or his gang, and Mean Manny doesn't seem to be mean even before the encounter.

There's also two other things interesting about this skit. One is that a photo of Miss Piggy appears on the wall (seaosn 1 Piggy). And also, at the end the doc gives measle shots to Mena Manny, his gang, and then everybody else in the room.... And it appears that he uses the same needle for everybody. That can't be safe.
  4. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Yeah...I saw it after I noticed your signature,minor muppetz!
    YAAYY! I knew I wasn't imagining things! Thanks Sesame Workshop!:) (and minor muppetz for calling it to our attention.;) )
  5. Dshibshm Member

The spelling bee one is in Epi 2208..
  6. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The site now has the original ABC-DEF-GHI, listed as "Big Bird's Alphabet Song". This is the first season one Big Bird clip to be added to the site (though considering this is on Old School Vol. 1,I wish they'd added a rarer season one Big Bird sketch instead, like Chickery, Chick or that clip from the A&E Biography with Susan singing "Hey, Big Bird!").

They also added the sketch where Farely imagines who might be knocking at his door.
  7. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Is there a way to save these videos onto your computer (a la Zamzar)?
  8. mikebennidict New Member

Notice were it says favorites and the upper left of your computer.

Just try adding the individuals clips to your favorites section.

Hope that helps.
  9. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

You know, I have never thougth about that solution. I wonder if anybody else had.
  10. Drtooth Well-Known Member

If they have every episode then they have every clip, I suppose. They still had those 2 pilots hanging around after all.

Anyway, I checked it out, and I also found this interesting new skit that i just don't remember seeing. It was one of those 3-D paper cut out looking skits, and it was about a woman at a supermarket buying up cans of peas. Now, this skit would have had to have come out since season 33 or so (when they started appearing), and I'm sure I haven't seen it in any of those seasons. Could this be one of the new season 40 clips they leaked online... or perhaps something they've had and just haven't shown yet? Cuz I don't remember it at all.
  11. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's not from season 40; I've seen it on the site for awhile now and it's on the DVD that came with a Elmo Easy as 123 book.
  12. mikebennidict New Member

They just added some newer clips though they only have one old clip which I can't remember what it is though it features kermit.

Guess 1 CC is better then none but if they're gonna add new as well as old, at least make it half and half.
  13. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

There was another classic clip: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...&p_p_uid=12161ae4-e631-491f-aca5-a748e62c9bfa

This sketch is interesting. It's another clip of full-bodied Muppets ice skating, including Oscar in a very enormous trash can (the can and the Oscar costume - or is it a puppet? - look very weird; At least in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street they pretty much used the usual trash can). And hey! An appearance by The Count in which he doesn't count anythign (not even whistles)!
  14. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Some of the clips that were recently added have just shown up in the "recently added" bar. There's a Buffy song called "Listen to the Wind", and one of the Geometry of Circls cartoons has bee added (we'll find out tomorrow if it's the same one that's on the 40th anniversary set).
  15. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

And it's a different Geometry of Circles segment.
  16. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I just found that all ten baker films are on the site (and Rowlf isn't cut from #9!). For some reason only a few show up in a search for "baker", but they all show up in a search for "henson".

And although we have them all on the site, we still need "five mosnters" and "five indians".
  17. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

You know, I think the baker films might be the first recurring sketch series for sesamestreet.org to have all of (I think the website also has all of The American Revolution skits as well). And they just happened to add all of the remaining ones at the same time. It's a shame they didn't do the same for Jazz Numbers, which still has only two segments on the site, which have both been there since the "Sesame Street video player" days, and especially considering the segments absense from the DVD set.
    The "more sunny days" section showed a playlist for The Baker, which had the first five that were previously on the site. It's a shame they didn't just wait until now to put up that playlist, or that they haven't updated it to include all ten.
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Apparently, they just added the rest of the Baker Films... and, YES, the 9 is perfectly in tact, Rowlf and all. Sometimes, videos will disappear and then re-appear within weeks of each other as well.

I've also noticed duplicate versions of videos as well... some have the 1990's era "sweetened" music and some don't. There's 2 versions of the Elephant and Bird Skeletons playing basketball, and both came up on the playlist when I picked it.
  19. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

20. Muppet Frog Member

Me too. I also like it when Zoe, Abby & Rosita all interact with each other together.