1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikebennidict, Aug 13, 2008.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

2. antsamthompson9

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I just watched the "foods we eat" pageant on the site, and noticed that the ending is cut.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

5. antsamthompson9

Oh, I see. Thank you!
  6. minor muppetz

Is it just me, or is Grover, Weather Salesman a few seconds longer on the site than it is on Old School: Volume 2?

Also, I caught the beginning of Super Grover Telephone Booth on the website, and it has a cold opening that doens't appear on Old School: Volume 1. On the site the sketch begins with Super Grover falling onto the city before the Super Grover opening is shown, though it appears that the cold open is cut on the website as well.
  7. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

There are some others that are cut including Ernie & Bert and Heery fighting for the chair to watch TV and the Roosevelt Franklin skit where me pretends to deliver a letter to Hardhed Henry Harris.

I wrote them once about it and got no response.

Well I finally can watch these on my home computer but now I need to figure how to type them up here.

It's hard for some reason compared to the YT clips.
  8. minor muppetz

I have wondered whether the ending to that sketch was cut. The ending seemed unusual compared tot he endings from other Roosevelt Franklin classroom sketches that I've seen.

Oh, and the website needs more Roosevelt Franklin sketches!
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Ever noticed how some of the clips have the sound of the crew saying something like "quiet on the set!" just before it starts or in the case with Ernie counting the cups and saucers you see Bert telling Ernie to "get out of my site" and a second later a crew person says something which I couldn't understand but I can see why they cut off that what Bert says and the end.
  10. antsamthompson9

I noticed that too.
  11. minor muppetz

I've noticed that at the start of Grover's Health Minutes: Teeth that a director is heard saying "action!"

I have wodnered if Sesame Workshop would officially add segments to it's youtube channel and hulu that aren't on the site, and it seems like it has. I found Bert and Ernie In the Pyrimid at youtube and hulu, but not on sesamestreet.org, and I searched for Ernie and Bert on that site.
  12. minor muppetz

Man, it seems like quite a few clips have been removed. Prairie Dawn Invites 3, The Sound of Music, 123 Sesame Street, World Without Music... What's going on? I guess some are due to musical rights issues, but shouldn't those have been cleared before uploading them (unless certain online music rights were for a limited amount of time)? I don't know what would be wrong with the Prairie Dawn sketch, unless maybe Cookie Mosnter was performed by somebody who didn't normally perform (just speculation, no need to start a rumor...).
  13. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I knew about JF's World Without Music and I figure there was some copyright claim but as for other?

I tried emailing the site and for whatever reason it didn't go through.
  14. minor muppetz

Well, The Sound of Music does have audio from the soruce material (either the movie or the soundtract). Then againb, that sketchw as on teh original video player, and has been on the new site for half a year. It's still on youtube, though for soem reason there's a "trial version" note on-screen the whole tiem(but on the up side, it's the original version with Allistair Cookie's pipe).

I have emailed the site a few times. It's very hard to find where to send the e-mail, but I have never gottena respons efor any e-mails I have sent.
  15. minor muppetz

Well, somebody sent me a private message on another forum, proving to me that the Prairie Dawn sketch is indeed still on the site.
  16. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

And what's the point of that?
  17. minor muppetz

Didn't you read the quote? I had mistakenly thought the sketch was no longer there, and then learned that it is indeed there. Make sense now?
  18. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

those clips were awesome! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than today's SST
  19. minor muppetz

I've thought of something that would be cool for the 40th anniversary: an "anniversary day". But also in celebration, maybe this november 10 the site should add several first season clips, or just clips from the first week, or even clips from just the first episode (even though it's commercially available).

If clips from the first episode were to be added on the anniversary of the first broadcast, then I think it should add the opening scene from episode 1, Oscar's introduction, Henson clay S, Jazz #2, Henson #2, and Kermit's W lectures. If the week could include material from the first week, then perhaps, in addition to most of that stuff, the site can include Henson E claymation, Kermit's "more and less" lecture, Jazz #3, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (though I doubt it'll be included anytime soon), Ernie's three/ tree/ llama drawing, and the eggs and cookie film, plus several Buddy and Jim segments and street scenes.
  20. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

BTW, I saw the I-Beam there too. I was surprised they decided to put it under "Science and Technology." I thought it would've been in the Letters/Alphabet heading. I guess CTW finally figured it out that it isn't as good to show as part of teaching the letter "I." (I have heard rumors about how it would have a deep menacing voice say "I." at the end, but any time I've seen it online, be it YouTube or the official video website, it just ends with the dramatic freezeframe thing, it reminds me of some kind of scary production logo you would see at the end of a TV show in the late 1970s or early 1980s).

Also, they put up the Mysterious Theater segment about the Missing Toast (I am surprised they did, for a while there were NONE of those segments on that site, and I thought maybe CTW banned Vincent Twice in the late 1990s because they heard he and the Mysterious Theater intro were scaring the crap out of kids.)