Chuck McCann

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week's V/A focus is Chuck McCann. Chuck had played Barney in the Krofft series, Far Out Space Nuts. And he also made other appearances in TV shows and movies. Chuck also played Dreamfinder in the Disney's Epcot feature, Journey Into Imagination. I remember seeing that attraction twice and I really enjoyed Chuck's performance on there. I also like Chuck's voice artist performances. Especially Burger Beagle from Ducktales and The Thing from the 1994 Fantastic Four cartoon series.

ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES: Beefsteak
C.B. BEARS: Boogie
COOL McCOOL: Number One, Jack-in-the-Box, Madcap, Rattler, Hurricane Harry, Owl
DRAK PACK: Mummy Man
DUCKTALES: Duckworth, Burger Beagle, Bouncer Beagle
FANTASTIC FOUR(1994): The Thing
IRON MAN(1994): Blizzard
MICKEY'S TWICE UPON A CHRISTMAS: Santa Claus
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH: Heff
THE NEW SHMOO: Billy Joe
PAC MAN: Blinky, Pinky, Officer O'Pac
POSSE IMPOSSIBLE: Blubber
THE POWERPUFF GIRLS: The Amoeba Boys
RING RAIDERS: Baron Von Clawdeitz
TALESPIN: Dumptruck, Gibber
TOXIC CRUSADERS: Mayor Grody
TRUE CRIME: NEW YORK CITY(VG): Gino

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm...

Don't remember who Beefcake from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes was.
Never saw Drak Pack, kinda interested in what it was.
Burger Beagle... That was the sort of Curly Joe one who loved to eat anything and everything, right?
Dump Truck from Tale Spin, that was the german wolfhound with the tophat... Who was Jibber, the sort of bumbling coyote paired with Dump Truck?

Good stuff... Keep it up.

Xerus

Reaction score
His name was Beefsteak. He appeared in the second season of Killer Tomatoes. He was a huge tomato with bullhorns and a ring in his nose.

Drak Pack was a rarely seen cartoon from the 80's that featured teens who could transform into a vampire, a werewolf, and a Frankenstein monster.

Yep, that was Burger. I always thought his constant eating was funny. And his squeaky voice was funny also.

Yes, Gibber was the short one who always whispered everything. And Dumptruck was that huge pirate with a top hat and spoke in a deep Swedish accent.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for getting that tomato's name wrong. The last episode I remember watching was the one where the John Astin mad scientist had all the heroes trapped, kind of reeling/hauling them in some sort of trap at the end of the episode.
Actually... The Tale Spin pirate I'm talking about is the tall thin coyote who spoke with a sort of whiny-sounding voice, often Dump Truck's partner.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Sorry for getting that tomato's name wrong. The last episode I remember watching was the one where the John Astin mad scientist had all the heroes trapped, kind of reeling/hauling them in some sort of trap at the end of the episode.
Actually... The Tale Spin pirate I'm talking about is the tall thin coyote who spoke with a sort of whiny-sounding voice, often Dump Truck's partner.
It's okay. Beefcake and Beefsteak do sound alike.

And that thin coyote from Talespin was called Maddog. He was voiced by Charlie Adler.

Tim

Reaction score
There is a special currently on The History Channel (I think) all about Superman (I think it's on DVD too). In it there is a great clip of Superman interviewed at home in his later years. Chuck played him, and after being challenged to a "bullet race", collapsed on the floor as the gun was fired.

It played a lot funnier than I can write it-trust me.

Xerus

Reaction score
I just heard that comedian, actor, puppeteer, and voice actor, Chuck McCann, passed away today. He sure lasted a long time tough. I got to befriend him on Facebook a short time ago and got to enjoy his FB videos where he played himself along with his classic puppets. May you rest in peace, Chuck. -_-;;