Christopher Reeve: 1952-2004

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where would be the appropriate place to post this, but the Muppets' good friend Christopher Reeve died of cardiac arrest Sunday at age 52.

"Brush up your Shakespeare..."

:cry:

KCJ506

Reaction score
Christopher Reeve Dies

He died after slipping into a coma at the age of 52. Man, first Rodney Dangerfield, now Chris Reeve. Who's next?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Rest in Peace Christopher.:cry: So many memories,from Superman to humanitarian.God Speed & God Bless you.:sympathy:

Beth C

Reaction score
Christopher Reeve

He was a hero in every sense of the word. What a sad bit of news this is. RIP Christopher. My condolences are with his family. :sympathy:

~Beth C

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Ode to a real Superman

ZootandDingo said:
I wasn't sure where would be the appropriate place to post this, but the Muppets' good friend Christopher Reeve died of cardiac arrest Sunday at age 52.

"Brush up your Shakespeare..."

In 1978 he doned the cape
He flew on the big screen, even made the Muppet scene.
Four Super movies he made,
Others, they say, he had laid
Then in 1995, He was hurt on some horse on a ride.
Millions of fans cried.
He fought for nine years, now some are in tears.
For he lost his final battle.
Remember never be shaken, never be so rattle,
For he still flies, now in heaven in the sky.

Luna's Fan

Reaction score
I have the utmost respect for this man and his push for a cure for spinal cord injuries. I hope others continue his work! A local guy broke his neck in the first minute of his first college hockey game. I think C.R. was a true Superman in his encouragement to this young man! His family will be in my prayers. :cry:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a rully big shame. First Rodney Dangerfield on Friday, and now Christopher Reeves. Guess he won't be here for the tenth and final year of attempting to get the $10,000,000 he said was necessary for research to develop technology to cure his condition. This only makes his appearances on Smallville that more memorable, not sure what the producers will do regarding the character of Dr. Swan in the future. Also makes his performance on Tales from the Crypt that much more memorable. He appeared alongside Marvin Lee Hiday or Meatloaf in the episode titled "What's Cookin' Doc?"
Hope everyone remembers the good times, and may he truly rest in peace.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wow. That comes as a big shock. He just had that big article in Reader's Digest and everything. I thought he was doing pretty well. That's really a shame. :sympathy:
Erin