Christmas special and Kermit's World Tour canceled

Erine81981

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
today is the day the muppets died
Ok look, quit with the whole Muppets died. They are still out there and they are still making appearances on TV talk shows.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Why must this Iger guy be so evil?!?!?! He took Kermit's trip away! After the 50th DVD's were realeased WITH two entire pages in the packet dedicated to the trip! With might I add, more than three stops announced! Good grief this is horrible! No I won't get to meet Lisa!! :'(

But at least we can still look for "America's Next Muppet"...

unclematt

Reaction score
50 locations to 3. Stuff like that gets me so mad. Give the frog, and more importantly, Henson the respect they deserve.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Agreed. It all stinks, but it's not the end of the Muppets,Kimp, not trying to put a smilie face on things, but they are stil there. They are getting in the public eye more than they have for the last...well...forever ish. Sure, they are cheesier, and more commercial, but they are not dead. Most definatly not. And, it may sound cheesy in itself, but we are here. Fanart and Fanfiction shows that these characters are far more than foam, they have heart and soul. That can't be drained from them by cancelling a trip.

Luke

Reaction score
It could turn out ok, it could not. It's very worrying that the management changed from people who were Muppet friendly and had a lot of plans, believed in the brand to people who clearly just see them as a franchise they've been handed on the side and are sceptical about them actually being worth investing money and effort in. I've always said that if the first few projects don't work i can see them just putting the Muppets away and bringing them out every few years for a promotional hyped revival to shift a new DVD/item of merchandise etc. Let's hope that from whatever thinking they are doing (and they're taking long enough) they actually come back with a hit show because it seems the Muppets desperately need one to ensure they do have some kind of future.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
they said the public won't notice

thats because they never publized the tour

beaker

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
today is the day the muppets died
The day it says "Disney's Muppets" on the packaging, then we can proclaim the death of the Muppets and call upon Crazy Harry to issue a jihad fatwa on Disney...I mean a boycott.

The Muppets will be around forever in one form or another just like Sesame Street, were just kind of in the vestibule waiting room of the janitorial closet right now.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that neither the trip nor the addition of yet another Christmas special (so soon) really interested me. Maybe the brass is listening to fans and plans to invest in better-suited projects. And just maybe they decided it was a bad idea to have multiple performers for Kermit during his trip (I so hope that factored in). There are many possibilities. I hope the new CEO will understand that most Muppet fans are dedicated to the characters and performers, but fickle when it comes to sub-standard product. Those DVDs were a little upsetting. :sympathy:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm glad they are keeping "Next Muppet" in development. With the publicity of "Idol" i can see a lot of people digging that as a spoof and it being huge. I know it's not really what Muppet fans wanna see but it may be what they need to earn their stripes at Diz. I don't like the CEO change, it signifies more to me than just a re-think of how effective things are. The other guy was "less Disney" and more creative. The new guy is more of corporate Disney tool who may have just been put there to strip down the Muppets to the bare essentials needed to keep some cash coming in.