Christmas special and Kermit's World Tour canceled

Luke

Reaction score
I think they're doing an ok job, but we haven't really seen anything significant yet that Henson wouldn't have done themselves, we were beginning to see a lot of the Muppets with Henson as well before the sale. I think the question is more why they changed the management (who seemed to be doing ok) and whether thats gonna be a good or bad thing for the Muppets and the MHC. We shall see. Obviously too late for the Christmas Show, but they do still seem to be continuing with "Americas Next Muppet" so i really hope that happens.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm disappointed to see that the new Christmas special won't be happening. I do remain hopeful though that we'll see some good things in 2006 and maybe the Christmas special will be one of them. Guess I'd rather stay positive than not. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Maybe some fun unexpected/last minute cameos of Muppets on tv around xmas to tide us over?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Change in Disney Management - hmm...

It was a change in HBO management that brought an end to Fraggle Rock. Well, the newbies wanted to "kiddie" - up the show so Henson decided to go out on top with their standards in-tact. I'm sure other Muppet fans around here know the story better than I do.

I hope that does not happen here. The thing is, when management changes, the newbies want to make a mark and quash anything previously in the pipeline that might be successful. This ensures they get the credit and only die-hard fans (like MCers) know what happened. I'm not saying that's happening here - but it could be.

The Muppets were always Eisner's special project. As much as I've been miffed at him over the past few years, I kinda miss him now. :sympathy:

The biggest disappointment is the severe budget slash for Kermit's anniversary trip from 50 locations to a mere 3! (source TV Guide):zany:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Welcome home, Frogboy!

I have to say I was worried about Eisner making the Muppets kiddie-fied, and Chris Curtain was doing a great job. I'm a little worried now. Kermit's world trip being cut back isn't a promising happenstance.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey there Jamie, good to see you around. But bad tidiings you bring...

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
The biggest disappointment is the severe budget slash for Kermit's anniversary trip from 50 locations to a mere 3! (source TV Guide):zany:

what tv guide issue

Beauregard

Reaction score
Man that totally stinks...what is Disney thinking?