Christmas Eve on Sesame Street DVD!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi, everyone,
Haven't posted in ages, but I thought I'd let everyone know that Christmas Eve on Sesame Street is out on DVD as of today!! I just ordered my copy from DVDPlanet for like $12!! I'm VERY excited!! :smile: w/b/s Melissa

grail

Reaction score
$12!? that's awesome...may have to look into getting a copy. thank you for the news!

Rugby

Reaction score
I just got the DVD in the mail yesterday through bestbuy.com. Woohoo! I'm not sure if I should watch it yet or not though. Maybe wait 'til at least after Halloween or something. Don't want to confuse myself into thinking Christmas is coming next. :smile:

I'm really glad they put it on dvd this year. But now I really need The Christmas Toy on dvd!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rugby,

Check it out. :wink:

Let us know how it looks in DVD form. Is the entire special included? Besides trailers for other Sesame releases are any extras included (probably not, but doesn't hurt to ask). Just the special in it's uncut glory is worth every penny and then some.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
RE: Christmas Eve on SS

Phil and everyone,
I received mine this past weekend, and from what I've watched so far (haven't watched it all the way through, I'm sorry, too early!! :smile:) nothing has been cut, but the picture quality and sound are VERY well done! Unfortunately there is no extra features aside from previews for other Sesame Street home videos geared towards children. It's a very basic DVD, but it's so great to have this beloved classic on DVD finally. Kudos to Sony Wonder for getting this out there!!! Melissa

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Melissa. That's great news!

If you find anything interesting about the DVD after you watch it all the way through let us know.

smcguire

Reaction score
I received my "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" DVD from Bestbuy.com yesterday.

I concur with Melissa that it's completely uncut (thank goodness). Unfortunately I would describe the video quality as only fair - acceptable, but fair. It's clearly been sourced from a slightly deteriorated video master (not VHS, it's too high res for that, but video just the same), and in some scenes, the colors bleed and are oversaturated, and there's occasional video dropouts.

On the other hand, the contrast is good and the picture is reasonably sharp most of the time.

It's quite possible that this was the best master available, though, and it's in far better shape than my VHS which has deteriorated badly. And the sound is good (although monorial, but what do you want for 1978 special?).

Still, it's certainly a good value for the price, and I'm delighted to have one of my favorite holiday specials on DVD.

--Scott McGuire