Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's another thing about Christmas: as much of a hurry as they get into in rushing Christmas out to the public, they get in just as big a hurry to yank Christmas out of the public afterwards. Immediately on December 26 (or 27), all of the sudden, Christmas specials and movies disappear from TV, stores and other public places take down all their decor, retail put all their Christmas items on steal discounts to try and get rid of the merchandise, radio stations stop playing Christmas music... heck, look, even MC Radio stopped playing Christmas music already. It's almost as if nobody is allowed to have a grace period to enjoy the lingering effects of the holiday those last days of December, it's like December 26, it's all over, whether you like it or not. But, then again, Thanksgiving's kind of the same way: there's still a few days of November left afterwards, but somehow, the day after Thanksgiving automatically means it's time to start celebrating Christmas.

Yet, ironically, Halloween is the very last day of October, yet it seems Halloween is always given a grace period to still be enjoyed and celebrated however many days are left the week it falls on, I don't get why.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Would you believe Cadbury Cream Eggs already?

I'd be more annoyed if they weren't the greatest seasonal candy there is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lately, they've been coming out with different kinds of Cadbury eggs for different holidays... like Halloween has Cadbury eggs with green colored filling.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they're so hot to sweep Christmas under the rug so fast can they PLEASE do something about that Acura add where the rich jerks toss away keys to their cars because the Acuras are better than the extremely expensive things they were driving? I'm sick of seeing that annoying pig faced woman who says "we're gonna need a bigger bucket (snicker)" like it was actually funny.

mr3urious

Reaction score
If they're so hot to sweep Christmas under the rug so fast can they PLEASE do something about that Acura add where the rich jerks toss away keys to their cars because the Acuras are better than the extremely expensive things they were driving? I'm sick of seeing that annoying pig faced woman who says "we're gonna need a bigger bucket (snicker)" like it was actually funny.
Ugh, I hate that commercial! It's just like that Buick commercial where everyone in the neighborhood received a big expensive car for Xmas until a Buick drives by, and their expressions go from ecstatic to disappointed. How is that supposed to be amusing? :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why everyone's oh so offended by "Happy Holidays," but that disgusting commercial goes under the radar with the values crowd. Like we're supposed to think that it's charity that a bunch of rich manchildren/womanchildren get bored with their luxury cars and toss them into a Salvation Army bucket.

Plus, I half expect Santa to turn around and say "Shut up, Carol! It's stuff like that why you go home to 3 cats and a pint of Ben and Jerry's every night."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Would you believe Cadbury Cream Eggs already?

I'd be more annoyed if they weren't the greatest seasonal candy there is.
Around here, there are a few places that sell them year-round. Same with Peeps.

I used to love the Cadbury eggs when they first came out (Easter 1982), but they're far too sweet for me to handle.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Cadbury Creme Eggs with green cream filling, for Halloween? Seems that'd be more appropriate for St. Patrick's Day instead. Frankly, the only chocolate eggs I actually like are the ones made by Snickers, I lurves Snickers. Though I've got a big potjar of non-brand name raisinettes from the silly Christmas exchange game my mom insisted on doing. At least the Christmas meal/get-together was the enjoyable part of the holiday this year.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cadbury Creme Eggs with green cream filling, for Halloween? Seems that'd be more appropriate for St. Patrick's Day instead.

Ah yes. The Cadbury "Scream" egg. I totally predicted that in, of all things, a piece of Groovie Goolie fan art. Frankie holding a chocolate egg with a shouting yellow yolk popping out, and Frankie says "Ah, my favorite... a Chocolate scream egg."

Pretty much the humor of that show spot on.

I noticed last year (not so much this year) they reformatted the mini chocolate eggs into white, red, and green balls for Christmas as well.