Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm starting to see a trend of "let's see how unfunny we can make commercials." Dunkin Donuts is the worst offender. Especially with the "This cup of tea is my cup of tea." "no dear, that's actually my cup of tea." Someone was paid to make that. :rolleyes:
You have to wonder about the type of "talent" they are hiring these days. But maybe it really is because TV commercials are on their way out!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
HEH! TV commercials ain't goin' nowhere. Heck, you know how half-hour shows, without commercials were shortened to 21 minutes a number of years back? NOW, they're being shorted to like 17 - 18 1/2 minutes!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
HEH! TV commercials ain't goin' nowhere. Heck, you know how half-hour shows, without commercials were shortened to 21 minutes a number of years back? NOW, they're being shorted to like 17 - 18 1/2 minutes!
Somehow that fails to reassure me, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How do you figure commercials are going away? Or are you on Drtooth's ship in believing that TV is going to be obsolete because "everybody" has switched to the internet now?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Television should be obsolete. The future should lie in a more interactive medium like the Internet. But the TV networks are holding things back.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh, no, it's not networks who are holding things back... it's consumers.

Not everyone in the world has internet, let alone computers for various different reasons, whether it's cost (it's not exactly cheap), location (some rural areas can't access internet), or people who don't even know how the internet works (older people who are tech savvy, or little kids who really shouldn't even be using the internet yet).

In fact, internet is holding back themselves: there's a number of shows, movies, specials, what have you, that studios refuse to release on DVD or Bluray, in superior quality, because apparently there's no "market" for them, so people turn to the internet, like YouTube or something, to watch them, in iffy, varying qualtiy, only for them to be removed for "copyright".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I certainly wouldn't blame the consumers for that. That's a case of Capitalism holding things back. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
How do you figure commercials are going away? Or are you on Drtooth's ship in believing that TV is going to be obsolete because "everybody" has switched to the internet now?
Didn't say that. It's more of the line of DVD's and especially Blu-Ray, and it's also due to the studios royally screwing up DVD releases. But that's very much off topic.

Now, there were some Christmas commercials I rather liked, but... well... this is me we're talking about, so there's going to be a theme.

I can't find the Disney Afternoon one, and I'm not happy about it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Love that one! And it's the original Santa voice! Did we ever discover why they changed it?