"Child" forums

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I've just conducted a search. It wasnt successful. But that is not what this post is about. This post is about something entirely fabulously different. When faffing about with which forums [Jim Henson Company, Friends and Family] to search, I saw a little check box with "search child forums" next to it. I'm just wondering what are "child forums".

Dan
xx

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
A child forum is like a sub-forum, or another forum within a forum. Muppet Central does not have any child forums in their set-up here, but many places do. For example if you have you own Muppet Forums with a "Sesame Street Discussion" parent directory, you could go into the "Sesame Street Discussion" and post comments and whatnot, and you could also have child forums within the section aswell (like say "Sesame Merchindise", "Sesame Characters", "Sesame Actors", ect.); they would all inside the general Sesame Street Discussion forum and hep seperate discussion more.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This is a Family Forum more than just a kids' forum. I think the good thing about MC is that it works as TMS did, child-friendly and space for inuendoes (but nothing more than suggestions).

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Isn't that what we have here, though?
No. Take a look at the vBullitin community forums here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

At first the forum set-up may look exactly like the MC forms, but if you go into some of the boards; like say "vBulletin Announcements" (the very first one on the list), you'll see there is another board inside it too listed under sub-forums (called "Jelsoft eBulletin Archives"). That is a child forum. The vBulletin forums seach has an option to allow you to include or exclude the sub-forums when you seach a particular board. Child Forums are just another way to deepen the forums and orginize things, Muppet Central does not use the child forums in their boards.