Characters, Scenes and Stories you'd like to see on ABC's "The Muppets"

jobi71

Reaction score
Hi Folks -

OK, so I pose to you three questions:

Which Muppet character would you be most pleased to see in a background cameo on the show? The best example is Beautiful Day Monster videobombing Pepe.

What two characters would you like to see share a scene? It can be either an incidental scene with just two characters hanging out, or perhaps something more connected to the plot.

Finally is there a story line you would like to see?

My answers are below.

character: I would love to see Zelda Rose, but since she has not been rebuilt I vote for Mildred Huxtetter. I imagine her having trouble with the photocopier.

scene: Rowlf and Sam. Not a plot driven scene. Just them chatting. Maybe a few lines and then cut to another scene and come back and they have the second half.

Story Line: Robin visits the set of Up Late with Miss Piggy for a school project. Kermit is anxious that everything go smoothly so his young nephew is impressed. Everyone - Miss Piggy, Rizzo, Fozzie, Gonzo etc - agree and try to put their best foot forward, but it is a disaster of a day. Everything that can go wrong does. However Robin's report hi-lights the positive side, how one Muppet tries to help another. Granted they fail, but Robin sees through the chaos. I think it would be more effective if the other characters do not comment on it i.e. "Look we do all work well together" but just let it be the observations of an innocent yet perceptive child.

123Sunny

Reaction score
Hmm....here are some I would like to see

Character: Maybe the Martians from Sesame Street in the backround just goofing with some random object before disappearing.

Scene: Miss Piggy and Denise! We haven't seen them together in awhile and I think it would be funny!!:mad:

A storyline is harder to think of but I bet I could do it if I really tried. I'd like to see what happens with Becky and Fozzie. Where did she go? I want to see maybe he has a hard time to get the nerve to say he loves her back, then maybe when he is on stage he could try to tell a joke but instead of a punchline say "I love you too" or something like that.:embarrassed:

as for your ideas, Mildred and the copy machine would be cute, and Rowlf and Sam would be good to see too. And I really like your plotline idea. I think if Robin went to Up Late With Miss Piggy it would be very funny. What do you think of mine?:dreamy:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Character: Skeeter visiting Scooter.

Scene: Gonzo explaining that he isn't an alien contrary to popular belief.

Story Line: This seems kind of dumb, but how about Fozzie leaving ULMP to join the cast of Saturday Night Live, but getting fired for saying "Wocka Wocka!" after every joke?

123Sunny

Reaction score
Yes! Skeeter visits Scooter:wink: would be great. Disney, we want an adult Skeeter!
And Gonzo should probably explain that.:concern:It would be cute because he wouldn't be able to say what exactly what he really is

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't see why Walter hasn't made an appearance yet. You'd think he'd be the intern. Peter Linz is credited in the opening. It's the one Muppet who has yet to make an appearance that I'm actually questioning.

As for a story line, well, in a general sense I'd love to see them take a cue from 30 Rock and show just a taste of the skits that are supposedly on the Piggy show, and I want them (also like 30 Rock) to be terrible. Not a whole sketch, but certainly enough to show how terrible the writing for them (in universe, of course) is. Gonzo's Dancing with the Czars and Fozzie's script about the porcupine are nice hints at how lousy the skits are. I want to see them in action. Maybe go full 30 Rock and have one of the characters ruin the sketch as well.

jobi71

Reaction score
Hmm....here are some I would like to see

Character: Maybe the Martians from Sesame Street in the backround just goofing with some random object before disappearing.

Scene: Miss Piggy and Denise! We haven't seen them together in awhile and I think it would be funny!!:mad:

A storyline is harder to think of but I bet I could do it if I really tried. I'd like to see what happens with Becky and Fozzie. Where did she go? I want to see maybe he has a hard time to get the nerve to say he loves her back, then maybe when he is on stage he could try to tell a joke but instead of a punchline say "I love you too" or something like that.:embarrassed:

as for your ideas, Mildred and the copy machine would be cute, and Rowlf and Sam would be good to see too. And I really like your plotline idea. I think if Robin went to Up Late With Miss Piggy it would be very funny. What do you think of mine?:dreamy:
The Sesame Street Martians may be a stretch as they are owned by Sesame Workshop and not Disney. The Denise/Piggy scene is a must have for sure. I am guessing she'll have to pop up again pretty soon. Fozzie and Becky also seem to have fallen by the wayside, but I am pretty certain she will return. Any plot that has Fozzie looking/longing for acceptance and being to shy to speak would work well.

jobi71

Reaction score
Don't see why Walter hasn't made an appearance yet. You'd think he'd be the intern. Peter Linz is credited in the opening. It's the one Muppet who has yet to make an appearance that I'm actually questioning.

As for a story line, well, in a general sense I'd love to see them take a cue from 30 Rock and show just a taste of the skits that are supposedly on the Piggy show, and I want them (also like 30 Rock) to be terrible. Not a whole sketch, but certainly enough to show how terrible the writing for them (in universe, of course) is. Gonzo's Dancing with the Czars and Fozzie's script about the porcupine are nice hints at how lousy the skits are. I want to see them in action. Maybe go full 30 Rock and have one of the characters ruin the sketch as well.
Walter's absence puzzles me as well. I know Peter is there, but I guess maybe right-handing or doubling with some of the other guys characters? I may be misremembering, but didn't Peter also perform Droop or JG (or both?) on some of the behind the scenes extras from The Muppets? Even if they (for some reason) didn't want to use Walter - or use him just yet - I bet he'd like to have a line or two here and there.

123Sunny

Reaction score
Yeah, the Martians would be a stretch, but it would be cool. I wish Disney and Sesame Workshop would collaborate. I miss Kermit on Sesame Street!

And yeah, I thought it was weird Walter isn't here. He was such an important part in both The Muppets and The Muppets Most Wanted. Where'd he go?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Character: Johnny Fiama

Scene: Lew Zealand and Fozzie planning a fish comedy act.

Storyline: Fozzie loses a lot of money playing poker with celebrities at Jerry Seinfeld's house, Kermit realizes little changes in him (his fur is dirtier, he sold his hat and tie). Fozzie says everything is okay, but when he faces eviction, because he hasn't payed his rent, he confesses to Kermit who then proceeds to give Fozzie money in an amusing way, he goes to several celebrity houses and tells them, remember those $500 you borrowed from me 20 years ago, something like that.