characters in new Muppet x-mas movie!

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
are we really going to judge something against another thing without even seeing it first?
Well, if the whole movie is going to be Kermit walking around feeling sorry for himself, then, I'm sorry, but puke.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Pay no attention to murgatoad! He hates EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Not true. I'm quite fond of Life cereal...with ketchup.

Breakfast of Champions!!!! :big_grin:

C'irdan

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth?

If they went so far as giving Janice lines and a new voice that has been absent for an entire decade, they MUST have given some to Dr. Teeth right???? And zoot and Floyd??? and obviously animal...by the way...who is doing animal now? That's like the most popular muppet other than kermit piggy and elmo of course. I do really hope that this movie is nothing like Swamp years though...truly awful. Also is Lew Zealand present? I'm sure they wouldn't give him lines...but is he visible on the screen? I really would prefer that they give more attention to the older characters rather than Clifford...they have to realize that Henson would have almost always done a better job...except Pepe...that's genius...but Clifford...no.:mad:

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Re: Dr. Teeth?

Originally posted by C'irdan
If they went so far as giving Janice lines and a new voice that has been absent for an entire decade, they MUST have given some to Dr. Teeth right???? And zoot and Floyd??? and obviously animal...by the way...who is doing animal now? That's like the most popular muppet other than kermit piggy and elmo of course. I do really hope that this movie is nothing like Swamp years though...truly awful. Also is Lew Zealand present? I'm sure they wouldn't give him lines...but is he visible on the screen? I really would prefer that they give more attention to the older characters rather than Clifford...they have to realize that Henson would have almost always done a better job...except Pepe...that's genius...but Clifford...no.:mad:
well, i've got some good news for you....lew is featured several times in the first hour and he has lines. clifford was nowehre to be found as far as i saw. animal has lines as well, but you know animal. one featured muppet who was hilarious was a rather large (but quite *ahem* 'fey') pig with a wart here and there. i didn't catch the name and haven't seen all the muppet tonight eps to know if he was introduced there. he was very funny though.

jf

C'irdan

Reaction score
dr...teeth?

Thankyou John...you are a saint to us all. But one little thing...you uh...didn't answer my main question. Is Dr. Teeth in it with lines? and thankyou very much for letting me know about clifford and lew zealand...It's great that it's sounding so good...it really sounds like they're making an effort to keep it the way it was in the "olden days". I actually don't hate clifford...it's just that they give him too much screen time and Kevin Clash overacts a lot with him on Muppets Tonight...and there's not really an underacting balance character that goes with him...just doesn't work.so...Dr. teeth? and zoot and floyd? and who does animal?

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Re: dr...teeth?

Originally posted by C'irdan
Dr. teeth? and zoot and floyd? and who does animal?

hmmm well i can't really recall any "featured" dr. teeth lines. you will be saddened to know that i guess the scene they did a lot of talking in was the snoop dogg scene. snoop dogg said something in his rap lingo and zoot (i believe) looks around and says, "that's the first thing i've understood in 25 years." (i think that's how it went anyway. i could be wong.) i do not know who does animal, but he does have a few lines. but then, does animal really every have 'lines'? there's a funny scene with them in the second hour, but they don't say much.

jf

Drtooth

Reaction score
Firstly, at least Murgatoad gave a funny answer, but still....Oscar the Grouch, eat your heart out.

Secondly, great to see Lew Zeland back. He was in MTI, but briefly, and his only speaking (or should I say singing) part was cut out (though it is on the sound track). Too bad about Clifford. I like him, and I wish he was in it (kinda like he was in the Jim Henson hour, just a bit character). Pepe is in it quite a bit, is Seymore? It seems he has bust out of the duo in recent projects. Jonny Fiama and Sal are in it, or not? tell me more!

Thirdly, what about my semi-namesake, the good Dr.Teeth? I mean, he has been around lately (he had a line "Shalom" in MFS, and sang "Absotively Posilutely" during the We are Family video). GOod to see that Janice says SOMETHING, though it may be just a Fer Sher.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Re: Re: dr...teeth?

Originally posted by JohnFranklin
hmmm well i can't really recall any "featured" dr. teeth lines. you will be saddened to know that i guess the scene they did a lot of talking in was the snoop dogg scene. snoop dogg said something in his rap lingo and zoot (i believe) looks around and says, "that's the first thing i've understood in 25 years." (i think that's how it went anyway. i could be wong.) i do not know who does animal, but he does have a few lines. but then, does animal really every have 'lines'? there's a funny scene with them in the second hour, but they don't say much.

jf
thank you to all the groups out there that thought this was going to be horrible for childeren to see. we all feel the love.

C'irdan

Reaction score
DVD?

Yes I think Snoop Dogg is a horrible person and I'm strongly against what he's done...but wouldn't it be great to have the extra footage on the DVD? Seriously a whole half hour of muppets that could be watched alone or incorporated into the film! I'd much rather have both options though, because this is really not someone that kids should be influenced by AT ALL. Also how long is the film? Is it really 2 hours? I thought they would make it an hour or an hour and a half like Swamp Years as it IS made for TV...but who knows! It sounds great anyways.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Toma,

Originally posted by tomahawk
thank you to all the groups out there that thought this was going to be horrible for childeren to see. we all feel the love.
Here Here !

And they want Ozzy Osbourne on Sesame Street !

LOL!

See ya