characters in new Muppet x-mas movie!

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Re: X -mas characters

Originally posted by Stulz
Rowlf , Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, and Scooter will all be seen in the new special.

But will they be heard?

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Re: Re: X -mas characters

Originally posted by DarthGonzo
But will they be heard?
yes, they will be. scooter more than the others.

i was able to catch a special sneak preview of the show tonight. i will not say too much. i thought it was very good and laughed out loud at some parts. it did drag a little in some areas but it was very watchable.

fozzie's voice made me a little nervous (as did sam eagle's) but fozzie has a classic scene that was killing me. i was also glad to see that whoever the director was (forgive me for not knowing) did a great job with keeping david arquette from going crazy as he has the tendancy to do from time to time. there are a ton of pop culture references throughout. there is even a sly little nod to websites like muppet central which i found very amusing.

finally, i hope to god that palsades gets the rights to this because there are two awesome beaker variants in it i'd love to see.

jf

King Prawn

Reaction score
if i'm not mistaken the premise of this Tv movie is that Kermit's trying to save TMs theater from some woman, then i wonder why NBC thought they had to advertise it with a Kermit & Piggy Kiss, the plot line is a much better, they should have advertised the movie with that.

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Originally posted by King Prawn
if i'm not mistaken the premise of this Tv movie is that Kermit's trying to save TMs theater from some woman, then i wonder why NBC thought they had to advertise it with a Kermit & Piggy Kiss, the plot line is a much better, they should have advertised the movie with that.
i will say that the kiss is unique. the woman is joan cusak who is very funny. not to mention a babe.

jf

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
This is a question for those who can answer it...

Does the plot of this Movie interfer with the plot of The Muppet Show - I mean, J. P. Grosse owned the theatre but now Kermit has to stop "an evil landlady" from demolishing it...

Is there any conflict between the two plots or is this explained? I don't want to know how it is explained (I understand that you might not want to tell it), I just wanted to know if this problem is solved or not...

Thank you!

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lorde Pompeo
This is a question for those who can answer it...

Does the plot of this Movie interfer with the plot of The Muppet Show - I mean, J. P. Grosse owned the theatre but now Kermit has to stop "an evil landlady" from demolishing it...

Is there any conflict between the two plots or is this explained? I don't want to know how it is explained (I understand that you might not want to tell it), I just wanted to know if this problem is solved or not...

Thank you!
it is explained, albeit very briefly. you blink and you'll miss it.

jf

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by JohnFranklin
i will say that the kiss is unique. the woman is joan cusak who is very funny. not to mention a babe.

jf
Somehow I find the kiss more interesting. After all, since the Mups aren't on TV anymore, who gives a hang about their theater?

Errr. Joan Cusack? A babe? Um....yeah. :wink: