CGI Muppet Babies Show?

Violia

Reaction score
Ok. 3 animated films have one best animated picture.
Shrek
Spirited Away
Finding Nemo
---
Second what's with the negativeness about CG and anime? Sorry I just don't get it. Yeah I understand that those animation style aren't for everyone, just relax with the negativity.
I like animated TV show done from the early 90's on for their crispness. The colors just seem more vibrant. Many of them are more detailed (ex: Batman:The Animated Series) For that reason I dislike shows such as Ren & Stempy and Ed, Edd & Eddy. They lack detail and color.
So I like CG and anime. CG for it's innovations, anime for it's ability to blend detail, color and story.
That's why I like Teen Titans and the new Justice League. Teens Titans really does have good story episodes, and I like how it seems to blend anime style with US techniques.
The reason I think for the crispness in detail and color now a days is because stuff is computer animation, not hand drawn.

btw. Lilo and Stitch rocks! my daughter will sit through it no matter how many times I show it.

Reaction score
I agree with Violia, however I feel that part of a vintage show loses its appeal when it is transfered to a new media. The new Care Bear's Movie is CG and it bothers me that my bears from the 80's are now 3D with peachfuzz faces (they arent quality furry faces on , say, Monster's Inc... they are the quality of a video game ) So I can see where people are hesistant.... anime is still cool though.

Hooray otaku!

McFraggle

Reaction score
AbsorbedByPsych said:
I agree with Violia, however I feel that part of a vintage show loses its appeal when it is transfered to a new media. The new Care Bear's Movie is CG and it bothers me that my bears from the 80's are now 3D with peachfuzz faces (they arent quality furry faces on , say, Monster's Inc... they are the quality of a video game ) So I can see where people are hesistant.... anime is still cool though.

Hooray otaku!
I agree, when the quality is not there, there is a big difference between traditional and cheapie CGI stuff. :smile:

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
If the Henson team took the time and hired a decent studio to make a cgi version of The Muppet Babies it could work.

WiGgY

Reaction score
It's the Disney team, not the Henson team. Disney has access to decent CGI. I'd love to see a CGI Muppet Baby movie with Pixar.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Disney didn't own Pixar. Disney could animate at their own animation studio instead though.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what happens. I know I'll like no matter what happens. Bring on the Muppet Babies w/ the Henson's CGI!

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
phew at least this thread didnt dive into an "anime" thread like it looked like it was going.

Something about 20-something fan boy's running just reminds me a little too much of my ex-roommate and his anime hub's and expo's and other "interesting" activities.

Got nothing against anime, it just seems that those who do like it often take it to frightening levels.