CGI Muppet Babies Show?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
WHAT?? MY FAVE SHOW IN CGI? hope they know *** they're doing, if it ain't done right, I'll have to sic Jeff Foxworthy on them! Seriously, Disney better come out with a piece of animation software like their Imagineers use. At one point they force-fed a "children's" animation program down everybody's throats and it was no good, I got it. If you are listening, Sir Eisner, do the right **** thing for once! I dont want to have to come in and throw your bum *** out!

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Let's just say that I am steamed. I'm blowing off steam in the direction of Michael Eisner and hope to that Great Cub in the Sky that he actually listens to all of our complaints about this deal and the ones of us who are "true" animation buffs (No ANIME) who are really steamed at him right now because he's basically ruined us animation buffs' right to petition him for this, that or the other thing. I want to go in and kick him out so bad, it hurts me.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Everyone's heard of it, no?

BTW, do we think this will be decent, or will it be crass like *looks to make sure no one's looking* *gasps* *whispers* Lilo and Stitch. *gulp* Imagine Muppet Babies in that style animi...

Beauregard

Reaction score
When it was announced that Disney was taking over Muppet Babies, it was also annonced that hey were possibly making this new show. No?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
That's the rumor, although no one has really confirmed anything.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Let's just say that I am steamed. I'm blowing off steam in the direction of Michael Eisner and hope to that Great Cub in the Sky that he actually listens to all of our complaints about this deal and the ones of us who are "true" animation buffs (No ANIME) who are really steamed at him right now because he's basically ruined us animation buffs' right to petition him for this, that or the other thing. I want to go in and kick him out so bad, it hurts me.
So, those of us who actually *like* anime aren't "true animation buffs", is that it? Because we happen to like animated shows that come from Japan, we can't possibly enjoy or appreciate the animation that's done here? Remember: it was an anime that won the first Best Animated Picture Academy Award in 2003.

-Kim

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The show hasn't been brought up in an official Disney/Henson press release per say, but it's been in development for awhile now.

It's basically a new animated CGI show with the Muppet Babies. Apparently, the plan is that the puppeteers will still operate the characters via the "Waldo" system.

Keep in mind though, with the Disney deal they may want to go in a different direction. We will probably hear something official on this in the next 12 months.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah the plan was for Henson (not Disney) to make this using their in-house performance control system. It's not really CGI as in Lilo & Stitch but CGI as in computer assisted puppetry. I think Lisa Henson has indeed mentioned it officially, saying they had done tests and hadn't at that time shown Disney. I agree that since the sale it can now go in pretty much any direction though. Bear in mind the present Muppet Babies promotions haven't gone down a storm so quite possibly it could go in the direction of not happening. There was an insider at one point on another forum who said that some of the younger up and coming Muppeteers would be providing the voices and doing the waldo style puppeteering.