C'est Les Muppets Showue!

King Prawn

Reaction score
I can not believe this, I am both happy yet jealous and a bit angered at the same time. I'm glad the French get a new Muppet tv show (after all it has been French people doing all the work to get this show running) but had it been coming out in English we would have all been so excited the past couple of months and from what i'm reading and the picture on the Muppet Wiki it does look like a good show.

Disney are dumb, yes Disney are dumb whoever thinks otherwise then so be it but in my opinion Disney have no idea what there doing with the Muppets. I've been waiting patiently, hoping that they'll prove me wrong and hopefully one day they will but i've had enough of waiting. :mad:

Sorry about this little outburst, this is all coming from me being really jealous that there's finally something new and cool being done with the Muppets and even if I get to see it, I wont even understand it.

What a dissapointment:frown:

Though I can't say I would have rather them have not done it at all than doing it in French, so I am happy at least something has been done with them

Marky

Reaction score
Bien, comme je dis, l'Amérique est le dernier pays unilingue du monde.
:stick_out_tongue:

Smiles

Reaction score
This pretty much blows my mind.

A Muppet Show in FRANCE?!?!?! What? But Why???

I can't even comprehend.......

I wish I was French. Or rather, I wish muppets weren't.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Swedish Chef is probably wearing gloves because the French must have ugly hands!!! But they could of gone for skin toned puppet gloves.It wouldnt of looked so conspicious, like the Chef is doing a medical procedure!!!

MWoO

Reaction score
Why doesi t have to be france! Judging from those pics the show looksl ike itm ight actually be good!

King Prawn

Reaction score
It does indeed

this picture really has a Muppety feel to it seeing those two dressed the same, kind of makes me think Gonzo's suckered poor Fozzie into doing one of his stupid dangerous yet entertaining stunts with him.

They've actually added a new female Muppet and has Animal had so much hair under his chin recently, if not they've even gone that step further and brought him back to the Muppet Show Animal which was more hairy.

Does anyone know if Pepe is in this show, I'm not one who hates Pepe, Johnny Fiama, Sal and the more newer characters but I wonder if they are in this or not?

I might actually have to learn French one day, though you know your a true Muppet fan when you're willing to sit down for 30 minutes straight and watch something you wouldn't even understand just because it had the Muppets.

BTW is it me or does Piggy look really ugly, I think its the shape of her head, mainly her chin that looks diffrent but she looks bloated. Looks like the French havn't gone for the glamorous Miss Piggy look or maybe it's just those two pictures because she doesn't look that bad on the first two on the main page

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Marky said:
Bien, comme je dis, l'Amérique est le dernier pays unilingue du monde.
:stick_out_tongue:
C'est vrai. I mean, even our anthem is in two languages.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Nigel Plaskitt has been running workshops with the new French cast. Although not always succesfully, there has been numerous problems with puppets not turning up etc etc. He also performed Kermit in a pilot made to help get the show off the ground, presumably with a dubbed voice.

Apparently the general consensus of those involved in the production is that at least the characters are alive again, and they haven't been boxed away and forgotten.

pepestarr

Reaction score
I'm also jealous that this isn't being shown anywhere else apart from France and agree with many of you!

King Prawn, I don't think the newer characters will be in it because they weren't in the original muppet shows. But it would be good if they were.

I hope it will prove a success and Disney think about pulling it back to a National level.