C'est Les Muppets Showue!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm actually a fan of Muppets Tonight! I wish they'd have had more Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy, though.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'm actually a fan of Muppets Tonight! I wish they'd have had more Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy, though.
ah to each there own I always say! but I liked jim henson hours muppet tv better it was just like the muppet show with a modern twist that i loved oh so much shame it was cut short by his death..
I must admit though the second season of muppets tonight was great I just think clifford was a bas choice for a host...floyd or some one else who had been in the room would have been great. Nothing against Kevin Clash as a person but his characters kind of Erk me besides Leon he's awsome.

Marky

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
ah to each there own I always say! but I liked jim henson hours muppet tv better it was just like the muppet show with a modern twist that i loved oh so much shame it was cut short by his death..
I must admit though the second season of muppets tonight was great I just think clifford was a bas choice for a host...floyd or some one else who had been in the room would have been great. Nothing against Kevin Clash as a person but his characters kind of Erk me besides Leon he's awsome.

Yeah, like I've said before...

"I'm your homey made of foamy!"... (shudder shudder)

beaker

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
I agree. The first half hour portion of The Jim Henson Hour IS my fave muppet show ever, and was so very edgy. I have the 13 episodes on vhs and still consider my favorite. IT's all about Digit!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
beaker said:
I agree. The first half hour portion of The Jim Henson Hour IS my fave muppet show ever, and was so very edgy. I have the 13 episodes on vhs and still consider my favorite. IT's all about Digit!
same here :smile: and Digit is my hero! heh

beaker

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
same here :smile: and Digit is my hero! heh
Gosh, when was that...April or May of 1989? I forget, but I remember being 11 years old. I had been obsessed with anything Muppet related since before I can remember. I had grown up on Sesame, TMS, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, the movies, the specials...but for some reason Jim Henson Hour blew me away. I even have the lunchbox! Too bad they only made 13 episodes, but if you look back on the episodes, ya can see how it was even edgier and ahead of its time than Muppets Tonight which came 7 years later.
I still really dig Digit, Leon, Linburgh, Zondra, Chip, and the other guys.
It was also this odd time where they were experimenting with amixture of the old Muppet look and the more organic Creature Shop look.

In the 1987 Inner Tube pilot two years prior, they pretty much use the same full bodied humanoid look that they are using with TBS' Late Night Buffet coming next year. I think the last Jim Henson Hour thing was the january 1990 episode of the Cosby Show where Clifford eats something bad and ends up surrounded by the Jim Henson Hour era Muppets.

On a side note, last time I believe we saw any of the JHH era characters was either Muppets In Space or AVMMCM. PErsonally, I'm hoping by some miracle Disney releases Muppets@WDW which is one of my top 3 Muppet productions ever.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
beaker said:
Gosh, when was that...April or May of 1989? I forget, but I remember being 11 years old. I had been obsessed with anything Muppet related since before I can remember. I had grown up on Sesame, TMS, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, the movies, the specials...but for some reason Jim Henson Hour blew me away. I even have the lunchbox! Too bad they only made 13 episodes, but if you look back on the episodes, ya can see how it was even edgier and ahead of its time than Muppets Tonight which came 7 years later.
I still really dig Digit, Leon, Linburgh, Zondra, Chip, and the other guys.
It was also this odd time where they were experimenting with amixture of the old Muppet look and the more organic Creature Shop look.

In the 1987 Inner Tube pilot two years prior, they pretty much use the same full bodied humanoid look that they are using with TBS' Late Night Buffet coming next year. I think the last Jim Henson Hour thing was the january 1990 episode of the Cosby Show where Clifford eats something bad and ends up surrounded by the Jim Henson Hour era Muppets.

On a side note, last time I believe we saw any of the JHH era characters was either Muppets In Space or AVMMCM. PErsonally, I'm hoping by some miracle Disney releases Muppets@WDW which is one of my top 3 Muppet productions ever.
you know it's very funny me to and the jim henson hour (obviously look a tmy name) had such a huge impact on me! :smile:
One thing Disney could do to win me over for sure would be to bring the Jim Henson Hour Characters back I really miss digit, Leon, heck I even miss bean bunny!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's funny how things work out. I wonder if choices for Jim Henson Hour or Muppets Tonight might be forged by the generation by which people watched TV at the time?

Example, I can remember during the Muppet Babies series when my little cousin finally saw The Muppet Show and asked me, "Why'd they grow them up?" Then I had to explain.

I was raised on Muppets. Obviously, I can remember watching The Muppet Show as a kid, but through time I don't think I really enjoyed the later shows as much as The Muppet Show. I enjoyed them each as much as the other by their seperate series.

I do not think I will like the French version of The Muppet Show. It isn't fair to me, for some reason. Bah!

I want to see DVD sets of The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight released.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Yeah, JHH definitely, and with some decent behind the scenes stuff and interviews too!

Marky

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Yeah, JHH definitely, and with some decent behind the scenes stuff and interviews too!
I never saw the Jim Henson Hour. Was it better than Muppets Tonight? I thought MT was okay - not as bad as people say. Half of the episodes were unavailable in Canada.

:cry: