C'est Les Muppets Showue!

King Prawn

Reaction score
I just finished watching the whole thing and even though I didn't understand it I did enjoy it, finally something new being done with the Muppets. Now I did enjoy it but truthfuly the format they always use is getting old, I don't know if it was the fact that I didn't understand it and just wanted to see diffrent scenes but when they were singing I was always waiting for them to just finish and move on to the next thing. The Muppets should have a go at a sitcom type show, maybe of what happens after the finish working on the show.

I liked the Puppets, though I hope they bring in more characters in future episodes but the backstage sets in my opinion were ugly. I did not like them at all besides that it did look like an okay show, I think I'd have liked it more than Muppet Tonight had it been in English. I liked seeing Kermit, Piggy & Fozzie interacting with each other, especially in the space skit and I also like the ammount of screen time Scooter had.

:wink:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
My aunt is a French teacher, so I will try to get this translated ASAP. But anyways, this is rather interesting, great to see Scooter getting ample amounts of time. But the set? Very weird, its looks like a talk show more than a variety type show. They could do better in my opinion. But the character choices are wonderful and they look WONDERFUL!

Now all I need to see is a future episode with the Electric Mayhem and I will be a happy little boy. :sing:

Luke

Reaction score
I think in some places the cameramen really needed to shoot the puppets higher, but its early days yet. I did feel some of the talk segments and the music segments went on way too long - thats one thing Muppets Tonight got right, the segments were fairly short and snappy.

Interesting to see Clifford, but none of the other new guys. I guess Pepe, Johnny and Sal wouldn't really make sense in French though would they?

King Prawn

Reaction score
Luke said:
I think in some places the cameramen really needed to shoot the puppets higher, but its early days yet. I did feel some of the talk segments and the music segments went on way too long - thats one thing Muppets Tonight got right, the segments were fairly short and snappy.
Yes Luke, I had noticed that but forgot to mention it in my post. Maybe they should start building the Puppets a little bigger, Kermit looked so small in some scenes, especially the backstage scenes with the guest star, you'd think he was the logo for the channel at some points.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hmm, well I studied French, but it was way too fast for me! It looked good though, nice that The Muppets get this opportunity! And yay for Scooter screen time!

And it's cool that they included Clifford when they didn't have to. (Personally, I never liked Johnny and Sal, but that's just me.)

Having seen it, I really wish it could be in the U.S. as well.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
THIS IS AWESOME!! I have NO idea why a show like this wouldn't work here in the states! It's so upbeat! And so exciting and fast! It would do great I think!! And it's so great to see Scooter and Clifford! And Animal looks great! Piggy looks kinda strange...But Gonzo, Fozzie and the others look grrrreat!! I really hope that Diz gets their ideas straight and brings us English speaking folks something like this, and soon.

unclematt

Reaction score
Guys, I didnt like it. It did feel Muppety but it didnt feel right. I am with Vic on this one.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Kermit sounds more like he is performed by Frank Oz!!!

Luke

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
Yes Luke, I had noticed that but forgot to mention it in my post. Maybe they should start building the Puppets a little bigger, Kermit looked so small in some scenes, especially the backstage scenes with the guest star, you'd think he was the logo for the channel at some points.
I do agree that some Muppets (even USA ones) could do with being a little bigger, but really it's just cameramen with no experience of shooting puppets are always shooting them too wide or too low - like they're no different to humans. Kermit should have been shot higher and closer up in some places - if it was a true Henson production with Henson experienced people they would make sure of all that. It commonly happens with the Muppets when they do guest appearances and stuff - it's no biggie but it does take a little away from the whole "illusion" and make it look less polished. Also why don't puppeteers use clear plastic armrods? I've never got that one, i'm sure theres plenty here who could explain it.