CEOSST Continuity Error

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another one of my trivial observations, but until recently, this is something that went by me...

Has anyone noticed that continuity error with the time of day during the special?

- Everyone leaves the skating rink and journeys home, while it's sunset.
- Big Bird and Patty meet up with Kermit by Big Bird's nest and it's still sunset.
- Bert and Ernie ponder what to do about each other's Christmas presents, and it appears completely dark outside.
- Bob returns home for song rehersal with the neighborhood kids, and it's sunset out again.
- Ernie and Bert each visit and trade with Mr. Hooper, and it appears to be night out.
- Kermit returns to Big Bird and Patty and now it's back to being sunset.
- Big Bird and Patty try an experiment with Snuffy, and seems pretty much dusk out by this point.
- Oscar's "I Hate Christmas" number, it appears sunset again, though not as bright as when we were first on the street.
- The rest of the special is night.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I noticed this too when I watched it on YouTube a couple of weeks ago. There's also a scene where Bob wishes Mr. Hooper 'Happy Hanukkah' and he's carrying a stack of presents; when Oscar starts singing 'I Hate Christmas', Bob is coming out of his apartment building carrying the same stack of presents that he had a few minutes before. Maybe he forgot something.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Something else I noticed.
How did the kids & Linda get in Bob's apartment?(unless Linda has a key?) when the kids were going to practice "Keep Christmas With You" And even Bob was surprised to see Linda there.He said & signed to her that she was early.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I never noticed those continuity errors regarding whether it's light or dark out before. Maybe there was a series of minor eclipses on the street that day, that the residents either didn't notice or care about.

Before Oscar sings "I Hate Christmas", Mr. Hooper is seen with the presents he delivers to Ernie and Bert, already wrapped, pointing out that he's got a little errand to do, presumably delivering their presents. But he walks past oscar's can instead of into 123 Sesame Street. And assuming that the events of "I Hate Christmas" don't just jump back-and-fourth in taking place both before and after the next scene, Hooper is shown at Hooper's Store during the song, before he delivers the presents.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just recently realized yet another little continuity error...

At one point when Big Bird is conducting his experiment with Snuffy squeezing into an oil barrel to see how Santa can go down a chimney, if you look in between the stack of barrels in the corner of the doors, and the side wall of 123, you can see the Christmas tree up and lit in the arbor.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Something else I noticed.
How did the kids & Linda get in Bob's apartment?(unless Linda has a key?) when the kids were going to practice "Keep Christmas With You" And even Bob was surprised to see Linda there.He said & signed to her that she was early.
Well, it does seem like Bob and Linda did have sort of a semi-romantic relationship. I wouldn't doubt that he would ahve given her a key.

At one point when Big Bird is conducting his experiment with Snuffy squeezing into an oil barrel to see how Santa can go down a chimney, if you look in between the stack of barrels in the corner of the doors, and the side wall of 123, you can see the Christmas tree up and lit in the arbor.
I like that part because since Snuffy was stuck in the barrel it would have been the perfect time for Big Bird to have his friends come over and meet Snuffy since he couldn't really go anywhere. It seems like no one had really thought of that. I know that's a little off topic, but I just thought I'd mention that.