Celebration Of Me Grover DVD

MuppetDude

Reaction score
:cool: One of my favorites. But one of the pictures that another forum member gave us was one of Grover dancing in "Rappin' Alphabet". Is this part of a montage?

Okay, enough questions from me; I've got to see this tape!

Okay, one more question, and it's more of everyone else's opinion; do you think that the "Grover Celebration" special is more like a "Best of Kermit" video, meaning that it's got plenty of classic moments, or like "Best of Ernie and Bert", where some of the clips may not be "classics" or well-known?

ceecee

Reaction score
"Alphabet Fever" is indeed Grover at the disco. (A spoof on "Saturday Night Fever") There isn't any part with rapping.

I would say this video is mostly new filler material with a few really good classics. With all the terrific Grover material out there, it's a bummer that more is not included on this "celebration."

Erine81981

Reaction score
I loved every bit of it and I hope they make a Celeration of Herry Monster. I would love to see a Herry one. They need one of Herry. I Herry too. My favorite skit or song that is the Alphabet Fever. It was years before I had seen it. I was suprised to see it and amazed by it. That is one of my favorite songs on SS w/ Grover. I glad they made a DVD for Grover. Thanks SWC. :smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Sad...I LOVE Herry! What ever happened to him? I believe Richard Hunt performed him and when he died, that was the end of him.

My memory is fuzzy and blue (SS reference!) today.

BJ

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Thank you Dantecat! I had a brain burp this morning! :wink: My next question is this: On the DVD credits, it said that Jerry Nelson performed Fat Blue. Is that true??? If he isn't performing him now, who is? Thanx!

BJ

Dantecat

Reaction score
Yes It Is True BJ!But Guess What Everybody,I Finally Bought The DVD At Kmart And They Only Wanted $8.99 For It!!! :excited: I'm Really Glad I Got It And It Was Wonderful!! :wink: Plenty Of Montage Skits Of Grover's Work Song And Two Of Them Even Had Kermit On Them. :smile: I Really Liked The Whole DVD Filled With Old And Vintage Skits,It Was So Fun!!!!!

Dantecat

Reaction score
I Also Saw Sully Too!But Other Jobs Were Not Listed On That DVD Like:Camp Counselor,Gym Teacher,Selling Food From The Movie Theater,A Photographer,A Baker,and Many Others!!!

Anyway The DVD Was Really Good And I'm Really Glad I Just Got It Yesterday At Kmart For $8.99 Which Was Absolutely A Bargain Then Tower Records,Borders,Toys R Us,Etc.For $12.99.

Great Price Huh? :smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I'm watching it for the umpteen millionth time right now and it is still funny as ****! I LOVED THE WIG SALESMAN SKETCH! Especially the "pet guinea pig" at the end! Love everything in there! I love the Big Bird comments, although the "I wish I could tell time" number is too funny!

I also want to support Sesame Workshop any way I can! Is there any Grover merchandise I can get at someplace like Wal-Mart? Thanx in advance!

BJ

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Super Grover's crash-landing montage is so funny! Another viewing! I love that!

BJ