Celebration Of Me Grover DVD

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I just watched it last night and this morning and it is AWESOME! No waiter sketches, but that was partly because Grover and Fat Blue were fighting it out again at the party! Also, Super Grover had a HUGE role! 2 sketches and the Journey of SuperGrover to the Flyer's Club Roost! Big Bird was too funny! He said, "Never say 'roast' near a chicken!" and Oscar the Grouch started saying "Roast" to the chicken! What great sketches were on there, too! Lena Horne and Grover's "How Do You Do" song, Grover as the wig salesman, Grover and Elmo with singing telegrams! Great fun! Even "Over, Around, and Through" (Grover version) was funny! Grover was trying to make the audience understand these things and he didn't think we understood it, and at the end, he faints! Cute! The hugs and kisses montage sketch was good, just made me want to get a Grover of my own by Gund!

BJ

alizakaila

Reaction score
from usatoday

Grover parlays 'Street' cred into DVD gig
By Thomas K. Arnold, Special for USA TODAY
Sesame Street's Grover may not be aware he appears on TV, but the media-savvy Muppet does know who Fahrenheit 9/11 filmmaker Michael Moore is. We caught up with Grover as his new DVD, A Celebration of Me, Grover (Sony Wonder, $13), arrives in stores, marking the 35th season of the children's TV show.

He's come a long way from waiting tables on 'Sesame Street': Grover now has his own DVD.
Sony Wonder

Celebration looks back on some of Grover's most memorable moments, with fellow cast members Big Bird, Elmo and the Cookie Monster reminiscing about their furry blue friend and his famous work ethic. Grover has been a waiter, a disco dancer, a lawman, an elevator operator, a taxi driver, even a wig salesman.

Grover is not always very good at what he does, but his work ethic is admirable. It's one of the most important lessons he teaches kids.

When we call Grover's number, a woman named Alicia picks up the phone. She patches in Grover, who sometimes relies on Frank Oz to express himself.

Q: So, you have a personal assistant?

A: Are you talking about Elmo? Oh, her. Well, you know, I am a busy guy, and it's very hard for me to keep track of my schedule sometimes, so I have to hire people on to help with that.

Q: You've had a lot of jobs over the years, Grover.

A: I work through a temp agency called Grover's Temps. It's my own agency. In fact, I'm the sole proprietor and employee.

Q: Which of your many jobs did you like the best?

A: I worked as a waiter, a hot dog vendor and a traveling sales monster, but I think my very favorite was being a stenographer.

Q: Why did you like that?

A: It's so exciting — you can't believe how exciting — and you learn so much. Did you know you have to know how to read and write?

Q: You don't say.

A: Yes, once I learned that, it got really fun. At first I just drew pictures, but that didn't really cut it.

Q: What job haven't you done that you might like to try?

A: Actually, I think I would love to go into television. I have things I want to say.

Q: Like what?

A: I think I would love to teach little children about their ABCs and 123s and how important it is to be nice to one another and help each other.

Q: Kids are looking forward to your new movie.

A: I have a new movie? Really? Michael Moore didn't make it, did he?

Q: No, no. It's a DVD called A Celebration of Me, Grover, with all your friends from Sesame Streetsaying what a great guy you are and remembering all the jobs you've done. It's all about you.

A: That happens to one of my favorite subjects. I'm very proud of myself. I'm proud of my blue fur; I'm proud of the way I can say the alphabet and the way that I can run near and very far away. I am pretty much proud of everything about myself — and I think everybody should be that way.

Q: Is there one pearl of wisdom you'd like to tell the children of the world?

A: It's important to listen to each other, to help each other and to care for each other — and to brush your teeth.

ceecee

Reaction score
Last Thursday, (2 days after it came out) I really REALLY wanted to get the "Celebration of Me" DVD. So I went to Target. They did not have it at all! Then Wal-Mart. They only had it on VHS. So I bought it anyway.

I was really disappointed that there weren't any classic waiter skits. But otherwise, it was entertaining. I'm glad there was some old stuff on it. I love "How do you do?" with Lena Horne, and "Alphabet Fever." I hadn't seen that stuff in years!

Anyway, I'm glad I got it, but not too bummed about not getting it on DVD.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Ceecee,If you get The DVD Version Of It,It Just Includes a Grover Matching Game.

Dantecat

Reaction score
What's Chapter's 6 and 9 about?

(6)Grover Flies...and Lands

and

(9)Elephant in the Phone Booth

Anybody?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
(6) is probably a montage of Super Grover segments.

ceecee

Reaction score
Yep, "Grover Flies..and Lands" is a montage of Super Grover's bad landings.

"Elephant in the Phone Booth" has to do with Grover having to change into Super Grover in a phone booth. But there is an elephant stuck in the phone booth, so Grover tries to help. (He's trying to get to the Roast/Roost on time)

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Is "Alphabet Fever" a montage of Grover's best dancing segments, or is it one in particular?

Dantecat

Reaction score
No MuppetDude,I Think It's Just The One In Particular,It's Called The ABC Disco With Grover Disco Dancing!!! :cool: