1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Celebration Of Me Grover DVD

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Dantecat, Jul 17, 2004.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Okay,We all just know that this will be released on Tuesday August 31st,But So Far,I just found a couple things about this DVD.It's the description and a couple of pictures of the DVD!

Description:Come to Flyer's Club Roost where everyone on Sesame Street has gathered to celebrate the many sides of Grover!Also included is a bonus Grover Matching Game!

1st Picture:http://www.fye.com/catalog/moviesProduct.jhtml?itemId=11085234

2nd Picture:www.suncoast.com/Movies/Movie.aspx?V_id=V 309649&prodid=SNY55327DVD

That's Everything!!!! ;)
  2. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Oh and one more thing,Ssetta,Do you know what grover skits are going to be on that DVD yet like you asked Vicki Levy.I am just so excited about this!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:
  3. Oliver

Oliver New Member

^ any word on classic skits / segments yet?
  4. Oliver

Oliver New Member

^ ?
  5. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Not Until Tuesday August 31st Oliver.I wish Ssetta could just tell me this But I don't know why he won't just me.Sorry Oliver!! :( Not until Tuesday August 31st! :smirk:
  6. Oliver

Oliver New Member

A whole month's away... :crazy:

It's okay Dante, I was just wondering if anybody knew about the skits.

Thanks!
  7. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Hey Oliver,Guess What else I just found so far,More Description about this DVD!
    It says:Get ready for a salute to everyone's favorite blue-furred Muppet,as the "Sesame Street" crew looks back on Grover's most memorable appearances as superhero,waiter,singing telegram delivery "person" and more.

What do you think about this?
  8. Oliver

Oliver New Member

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

I can't wait, I just hope the skits aren't edited to revolve around some dumb storyline... If this disc actually does feature classic singing telegram and Grover the waiter, Super Grover, etc. skits, unedited in complete and original form, I'm all over this!!
  9. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Hey Oliver,8 More Days Left!!!

I Found More Description About This Grover DVD.It Says:The loveable,and often unheralded,Sesame Street character Grover gets his own release,full of loveable adventures with the endearing character.Numerous clips from the show are featured,compiling the best moments,most of which involve his escapades as a waiter in a restaurant.

What do you just think of this Oliver??
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I am a little deturbed about the 40 min running time, but this sounds like a great DVD. I've held out on a lot of SS DVDs, as they are pricey and they haven't much more than a remasetered vhs, but this and the "What's the Name of that Song" disks look pretty darn sweet to me!
  11. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I can't wait!!! It's this week!!! GROVER SHOPPING TRIP!!!!

BJ
  12. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Tommorow,The DVD's Just Here!!!

Okay Everybody Since This DVD's Just Coming Tommorow,What Grover Skits Would You Like To See On This DVD?
    :excited: :) :excited:
  13. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Tim Kelly,What would you like to see? Anybody?
  14. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

The one where Charlie's is a Mexican restaurant and he goes "Arriba!" CRASH! He is too funny! I'll have to make a puppet of him from the Blue boy pattern to celebrate. Another classic sketch is when he rhymes to remember the orders! I do not remember either, but I hope we see those on the DVD!

BJ
  15. Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly Member

Well, I managed to glance at a VHS copy that was lying around at Suncoast (they hadn't put it out yet, but it was on top of a pile of VHS tapes). The text mentioned something about Grover teaching Elmo how to deliver a singing telegram, and the four pictures were of Grover as a wig salesman, a bunch of Muppets sitting at the ceremony, Super Grover in a phone booth, and Grover getting an award (again, at the ceremony). The thing that surprised me was that Frank Oz wasn't listed as a performer.

Anyway, what I'd *like* to see are "Two 'G' Sounds" and "I Stand Up Straight and Tall" from the alphabet album, anything that shows how Grover used to torture Kermit (screaming "Hey, Froggy Babyyy" and then running up and slapping him on the back), and the complete version of "Monster in the Mirror" with all the celebrities singing along.
  16. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Hey Guys,The DVD's finally here!!! ;) :excited: :)
  17. alizakaila

alizakaila New Member

from B&N.com

From Barnes & Noble
    He's energetic, hardworking, and happy. He likes hugs, and he's nice to talk to. He is Grover, and at long last he joins the ranks of Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, the Count, and Bert and Ernie as the star of his very first direct-to-video special. Join the cast of Sesame Street as they gather at the Flyers' Club for a well-deserved Roost (as opposed to a roast) of the furry blue monster. Clips recall some of Grover's finest moments in sketches and song, including his derring-do as Super Grover, his starring role in "The King & I" (in which his costar is the actual letter "I"), and the hilarious recurring sketches in which waiter Grover serves up frustration to an unfortunate customer. Lena Horne sings and film critic Roger Ebert offers a "thumbs up" cameo. It's high time Grover's invaluable contributions to Sesame Street were recognized. Donald Liebenson
  18. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Grover Skits

Does Anybody Know What Grover Skits You Just Get On This DVD?
  19. I knew you were gonna say that. :rolleyes::o
  20. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Okay Everybody,Here are the chapters you just get on this DVD.They are:

(1)The Flyers' Club Roast
    (2)Grover's Work Song
    (3)Over,Under,Around and Through
    (4)Telegram Trainee
    (5)How Do You Do?
    (6)Grover Flies...and Lands
    (7)Monsterpiece Theater:The King and I
    (8)The Best Monster I Ever Met
    (9)Elephant in the Phone Booth
    (10)Alphabet Fever
    (11)Grover the Wig Salesman
    (12)Congratulations,Super Grover!
    (13)Proud of Me

Most Of The Chapters Are Skits But See How You Think Of This!