1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Celebrating Jerry Juhl

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I sent you an e-mail, Matt of both a high and web res image of Jerry and :sympathy:. I also have another high res black and white image of Jerry and :) , just let me know what works!

Also if you're interested; I'd be happy to give you permission to use one of my Jerry tributes from my Weekly Creative Visuals.
    Jerry Tribute 1
    Jerry Tribute 2
  2. spcglider

spcglider Member

There are those of us who truly believe that he isn't gone at all. In a way, you might say that he's with Richard and Jim... but in turn I believe they're still here among us. They are simply returned to that massive energy that all things are drawn from. They aren't actually gone from us, they are closer than ever.

-Gordon :)
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I agree. I believe that they offer up their creative energies whenever we're working on projects and I actually do call on them as a muse, also Charles Schulz, when I feel a need for one.

And I always do! :)
  4. Fozzie Bear

I started this thread to announce the passing of one of the most influential people on the history of The Muppets and more; but rather than focus on the passing, let's celebrate his life. It's been said he loved the silly and the zaniness of life, so promote that in all you create in awe of his work. And be happy he's with Jim and Richard again...he's left us a multitude of great works, and for that I'm appreciative. :)
  5. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Speaking of celebrating Jerry's life, who's going to the Jerry Juhl tribute next Saturday the 12th? I think it would be appropriate if MC made our appreciation known. Pity we can't all pass around a card for Susan Juhl, but of course that doesn't mean that we still can't think of something nice to do.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  6. Fozzie Bear

Tribute? Have I missed some info somewhere? Are there links and info about this?

I certainly do hope someone can go and pass on our condolences and love to his family!
  7. Gorgon Heap

November 12th, somewhere in California, and that's all I remember. It was posted here, somewhere.

8. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

who's going from MC? Here's my sending of love and condolences to his family:

I am truly sorry for your loss. We here at MuppetCentral.com are sending all our condolences and love.

When I first heard who Jerry Juhl was, I have to admit I was just a mite skeptical. But I decided to believe that Jerry Juhl was a real person, and that belief continues to this day.

I wrote this poem for Jerry, and I want everyone to hear this. I do curse in my writing, but not in any academic works:

I wrote this song to express my feelings after finding out that a good friend of the Muppets, Jerry Juhl, had died.

His Name was Jerry
    By BJ Wanlund

There was a man
    Who gave my favorite
    Creations a soul
    And it wasn’t Gags Beazley

His name was Jerry
    And he wrote Fozzie’s comedy numbers
    His name was Jerry
    And his creations will go on
    With or without him

He wrote for Fraggle Rock
    What a guy!
    What could I do to repay you?
    Maybe I could get a Gonzo

His name was Jerry
    And he gave Gonzo a soul
    His name was Jerry
    And my Muppets will go on
    With or without him

And he wrote the jokes for At the Dance
    And Vets Hospital
    And a guest-star’s sketch
    Love ya Dr Bob

His name was Jerry
    And he wrote such corny jokes
    But the trees were so far apart
    So he ran really fast
    ****, I hate being without him

Let's go forward in our Muppets and Fraggles.

When Mr. Juhl died, he left behind his final project, a new Fraggle Rock movie. I only want the movie to be good.

If we are to go forward, we must train a whole new crop of Muppet writers in Mr. Juhl's vein. That way, Mr. Juhl's legacy will last throughout time.

Sincerely,

BJ Wanlund
  9. Gorgon Heap

I found it. It was on page 12 of this thread, in the L.A. Times article that Vic Romano posted.

Is anyone going? I think someone from MC should go, and that MC as a whole should prepare something to give to Susan Juhl to show our appreciation and convey our affection for Jerry's work. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a collection of letters? Maybe a song or medley? Maybe something silly? Maybe all of the above?

I'm starting a new thread for this.

10. Fozzie Bear

11. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Thanks Jerry For Everything
  12. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I just heard the new verison of "Follow Me" on MC Radio that Phil Balsam did at the tribute.. I like it! And it was especially neat to have the muppeteers as background singers. :)
  13. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I'm kind of surprised no one's mentioned it. It's been two years now since Jerry passed away. Go out and do something silly! :p
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

That's the song that made me so sad. I was trying to remember what it was on Steve's Podcast that i listen to the other day (the newest one) and it was that song that Phil Balsam had rewrote that made me cry. I teared up like a big baby. And i forgot to do something silly today. I'll try tonight. Thanks again Jerry for all the work you've done. We all love you and RIP.
  15. FraggleRockRock

FraggleRockRock New Member

I can't believe I missed this! :eek:

Rest in peace, Jerry! You are an inspiration to us all! :)
  16. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

R.I.P

to a very very important person.

Thank you very much Mr. Juhl.
  17. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

*looks left*

*looks right*

*HONK!*

Thanks, Jerry.

Now, PASS IT ON!