CBS/Fox Video copies of the first 3 muppet films

Rob Bendtzen

Reaction score
Hi.

I am looking for CBS/Fox Video VHS releases of:
The Muppet Movie
The Great Muppet Caper and
The Muppets Take Manhattan.

I would like to find brand new or like new copies of these tapes. A lot of you might know that CBS/Fox Video released the Muppets Take Manhattan twice. First in 1985 and the second in 1991. I am looking for the 1985 release.

I would appreciate any help at all that any of you can provide.

Thank you very much.
Rob

Rob Bendtzen

Reaction score
Hi.

I am looking for CBS/Fox Video VHS releases of:
The Muppet Movie
The Great Muppet Caper and
The Muppets Take Manhattan.

I would like to find brand new or like new copies of these tapes. A lot of you might know that CBS/Fox Video released the Muppets Take Manhattan twice. First in 1985 and the second in 1991. I am looking for the 1985 release.

I would appreciate any help at all that any of you can provide.

Thank you very much.
Rob
Hi, all.

I have an update reguarding my search for the first 3 muppet films released on VHS by CBS Fox video. Well, I found a new and sealed copy of The Muppet Movie on Ebay. It works great.

Rob Bendtzen

Reaction score
Hi, all.

I have an update reguarding my search for the first 3 muppet films released on VHS by CBS Fox video. Well, I found a new and sealed copy of The Muppet Movie on Ebay. It works great.
Hi All.

Well, I have found New and sealed copies of The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan on VHS from CBS/Fox Video. They work fine.

Thanks again for all who read and liked this and who didn't read it.

Rob

gravy

Reaction score
Hi, all.

What's so special about these tapes?

Rob Bendtzen

Reaction score
Hi, all.

What's so special about these tapes?
Well, The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan CBS Fox versions are special for a reason. The Muppet Movie from CBS Fox is not really special. It just has that classic sound from it's early days on home video.

As for Caper and Manhattan from CBS Fox video, there are differences from the current dvd and blu-ray versions. While there are many additional sounds and music in the current release, the CBS Fox version does contain a few things not present in the current home video release. For Example, when Miss Piggy crashes through on her motorcycle, you hear her vrooming the engine and she makes one of her trademark karate cries. That is not available on either of the 2 English soundtracks on the dvd. However, the vrooming of the motorcycle can be heard on foreign versions of the movie.

Also, in The Muppets Take Manhattan, the scene in which the muppets find out that Martin Price is a con artist, as their going out, on the CBS Fox version, you hear Gonzo saying "Whoe! Let Go!" and Animal constantly yelling "Bad Man!" The current home video release is missing those lines.