Casting Call for the Crossbreed

Foreignman

Reaction score
I'd love to work on this with you, I think I would be perfect as Sparky Squirell, but I'd love to do anyone. How would this work, what would you want me to do for you? By the way, really awesome virtual puppet you have up, truely amazing!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanx Ben

All that is needed to voice a character is a way to clearly record your voice in a quiet room and submit it as a wav file (possibly an MP3) and email it to me.

Auditions are open, but it will take some months for me to finish the art. Not many voices will be used in the first installment. To be clear - there is no payment, but you will be listed in the credits with a possible brief bio and link. I aint makin' no cash off this stuff. LOL! :smile:

All voice work would be on a case-by-case basis. If you have any auds for a character or just some other voice - it can be submitted at any time. Please keep entries relatively short they only need to be 10-20 second clips.

Casting could take some time, but I will keep you posted.

Foreignman

Reaction score
Hey, just sent you an e-mail with the audition clip, should be to you soon. Hope you like it!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the clip. I will send you an email.

radionate

Reaction score
Hey Jamie,

You just want us to adlib something, or do you want to email folks a small monolouge to play around with. Just curious.:confused:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Jamie-

I saw that you have a "Mysterious, Shadowed Figure" listed. If you're looking for a Dr. Claw (from Inspector Gadget) type of voice, I could easily provide one for you.

BTW, Avery Heyena (a cross between Clueless Morgan and Sal the monkey) would seem a little like a Lew Zealand voice, which I could also help you with. What do you think, Jamie?

Later man

- Billy :cool:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You may adlib something or read a line out of a magazine in the character's voice. As long as it is 10-20 seconds of material. The important thing is to consider the bios when voicng one of these guys. If you really need some sort of line I could script one, but that part doesn't really matter.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Jamie-

I want to send you a clip, but for some reason I got a return e-mail saying that your e-mail address (crossbreed@jamesvier.com) didn't work. Do you have an alternate one?

Thanx

- Billy :cool:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Billy

The email should work. Are you sure you spelled vier correctly? I just tested it out. You can always use the email link here and I will reply to you.

About Avery - he's kind of a Lew Zeland type, but not so goofy - more rough than that. Think of him as if he has electric current running through him. Kind of Joe Pesci attiturde, but not quite the high voice. Sitll open for interpretation.

The shoddowy figure - Dr Claw...maybe, but mix him up with a bit of seedy tele-evangalist. Maybe even a Tim Curry-type. Sitll open for interpretation.

I will be leaving for Houston this Thursday and will not return until the first of July so there is no rush, but feel free to send whatever you have at any time you choose. I will either check it before I go or when I come back.

crossbreed@jamesvier.com or james@jamesvier.com

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
houston trip

Going to Houston for a week or so. Be back on the first of July. Keep sending stuff if you'd like. I just can't check it till I'm coming back.