Cars Sidequel/Spinoff "Planes" Coming Soon

beaker

Reaction score
Coming soon to movie theaters is Disney's spinoff/sidequel to Cars...only instead of Nascar,
it's military war planes. I think even Droney the Predator Drone makes a cameo. Find out what
war planes do after a busy day of blowing up innocent African and Middle Eastern villages!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dane Cook's name is on it, so I'm not even going to comment on how terrible the movie is going to be. I'm going to just say, that's the nail in the coffin of awful just including that talentless schmuck. I hope Disney loses a lot of money on this for that reason alone.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why do they insist on using More Human Than Human in their trailers? Not that I'm complaining since its neat hearing a Rob Zombie song in a trailer for a kids movie...but...it just seems like a questionable song to use :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, looky what I just found out...

They already announced, not just that there will be a sequel, but that it will be a trilogy.

Yep. There's another thread where people are whining about Finding Nemo getting one other movie 13 years after the fact, and this terrible one off movie aimed at 5 year olds already has three films lined up. I can see the shelves and shelves of unsellable Dane Cook voiced plane toys now.

Seriously. If Jon Cryer were still attached, I'd give this movie a chance. Not even John Cleese's inclusion (and I'm a huge Cleese fan) will get me to even acknowledge this toy commercial of a movie.

galagr

Reaction score
You know, I could go off on a rant about how they are only doing these movies just for the money, and because of these, the amount of Muppet merchandise is going to decrese drastically. But for now, I'll just leave you with this...

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, Disney seems like they're doing WAY too many movies about things that don't talk and the lives they have. I mean, I can only imagine the new movie out there in 3-4 years. From the makers of 'Cars', 'Planes', 'Finding Nemo', 'Toy Story', 'Monsters Inc.' and 'Ratatouille' comes the new movie about the happenings inside a grocery store. Coming in 2014, 'Going to Market'.............I just spent 5-10 minutes thinking of something that hadn't been done by a CGI company or hadn't been a parody yet lol.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but when Pixar does it, they do it right. Pixar did sign off on this, but this is all Disney wanting another toyetic cash cow franchise. What ever happened to the no cheapquels rule? While an awful lot of them were terrible, some were genuinely good. They certainly were better than this self made knockoff (A Goober and the Ghostchasers or VR Troopers, if you will). While I'm on the subject, where's the big Mickey and Co animated project? We need more films like The Three Musketeers than this. I just hope the August release date bites them on the tail fin.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, Disney seems like they're doing WAY too many movies about things that don't talk and the lives they have. I mean, I can only imagine the new movie out there in 3-4 years. From the makers of 'Cars', 'Planes', 'Finding Nemo', 'Toy Story', 'Monsters Inc.' and 'Ratatouille' comes the new movie about the happenings inside a grocery store. Coming in 2014, 'Going to Market'.............I just spent 5-10 minutes thinking of something that hadn't been done by a CGI company or hadn't been a parody yet lol.

Daniel
Didn't TBS actually do a sitcom with that concept years ago? I remember thinking that how of all the locations sitcoms have taken place in, there was yet to be a sitcom that took place in a grocery store... then it came out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But seriously, why are they only making three movies? Everybody knows by today's standards, three movies doesn't even leave a dent, you have to shoot for at least four.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Just watch. It'll have it's own TV show on Disney XD by the time they're done all three movies.