Canerica!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I'm sure there's plenty of people here who remember the Danglishes. There are even people here who remember the MSN-ing ways of the Danglishes, which involved computer switching and general confusion for anyone other than them.

Well... Revenge is sweet, ain't it?

You see, my dear Protege, Leyla, as she is known here, has embarked on a treacherous journey. She has abandoned the safety of her humble abode two hours into the future way up North where there's permafrost and tundra and moose and sled dogs and lemmings and milk in a bag and Royal Mounties. Yes, my friends... She has left the sweet safety net of Canada.

After a three-hour plane ride that only took her one hour forward in time... (See, I TOLD you she was from two hours into the future...) she landed in a HUGE airport. A huge, scary airport filled with vampires and sunscreen. (The vampires are a recent addition. They only had mummies last time I was there.)

Having landed, she bravely stepped forth from the plane... Well, depending on your definition of brave, anyway... They dragged her kicking and screaming. But anyway, she navigated the labyrinth of the massive airport, and found her way to the baggage claim, where she was greeted by a giant muffin.

Really.

There was also a sign that announced, "SPELCHEK BROAK." And she was the only person who saw that sign and understood it right away. Most people there thought it was a name.

Oh- there were a couple of crazy teenage girls, too. One was holding the muffin, and one was holding the other sign. There was singing and dancing and "YAY I FOUND YOU!" but, I am pleased to announce, there was no fainting.

These two crazy girls kidnapped Leyla and took her away to a town near to Wisconsin and near to Lake Michigan and sort of near to Chicago. Now, she is sitting on the bed of one of the girls.

By the way, that's MY bed she's sitting on. I'm one of the crazy girls. The other one is Nyssa, aka RedDragon.

On the first day, they didn't have their laptops set up, and I had to do all the typing for all three of us, because I'm the fastest typer... You should SEE these two type. It's PAINFUL for someone who took a typing class. Really. Nyssa uses the four-finger-method. In slow motion. Oh, she protests. She's getting faster, she says. And she is! She really is.

Anyway, since then, their laptops have been attached to my wireless network. And so we signed onto MSN. And Nyssa took revenge on one of the prime Danglishes.

As hostess, original Fraction member, and apparently Queen, I hereby announce that we will only do the whole switching-thing to the Danglishes, because they deserve that confusion.

Anyway, we are now vanishing to Chicago for a day... Those of you part of Leyla's itinerary, feel free to say so! BYE!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, do I really need to tell you how jealous of you I am?
:stick_out_tongue: Well, someday...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes... The original Danglishes: Bo, Louise (Vibs), Tabi (minidoozer), and HarveyTowers. How I remember that water balloon bomb battle set up in their apartment.
And Layla's arrival at the airport... Nice narration, though I feel you took that from one of the episodes of Lilo and Stitch, the Animated Series.
Pity that you couldn't score the perfect hat trick (ask Layla what that is, hockey terminology) by remembering that there's already been a scenario like this done on Saturday Night Live called... Amerida! They even had the word "Amerida" on a stars and stripes US flag but with a white maple leaf in the field of blue instead of the stars.

Oh well... Enjoy your insanity while it lasts.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
How awesome for you guys! Seriously jealous! It is my goal in life to at least meet ONE MC member in person! Oh well. I hope you guys have a ton of fun and enjoy confusing the Danglishes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't know, everytime I tried to get ahold of you guys on MSN, you always told me "oh gee, it's getting late, and I was getting ready to go to bed".:rolleyes:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
You all know how insanely jealous I am, and how insanely giddy I am, and I how insanely "Gargh" ful I am... but I'm so happy for the three of you nuts! And, Layla, I can't wait to meet you when you take the treacherous train down south to meet moi. :halo: Have fun!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ryan, will she really be coming down to see you as well?
:cool: Have fun all four of you!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*cough cough* Minnesota isn't that far way from Illinois *cough cough*