Canada Take Note!!!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas and Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas are airing Back to Back on YTV on Christmas eve! Starting at 1pm EST w/ MFC!! Get your VCR's ready!!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Stryder,

Thanks for the update! That's great news for our friends in Canada.

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Awesome to see them doing this again.

If they do things the same way as in the past (which I would assume they would) Emmet Otter will be shown with cuts - actually, it will be an edited down version of the VHS/DVD release. Muppet Family Christmas will be MORE complete than the VHS/DVD, but not entirely complete. It will be the same edit as the UK PAL release, but will be missing the following scenes : The Tree Lighting and Fozzie's Stocking. You can check out video clips of these cuts at my site. Look in the "Movies & TV" section.

Mark

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, I beleive you are correct that the tree lighting and stocking scenes were cut, as I don't recall EVER seeing them...however, I got both the VHS release from stores, and I taped the YTV airing, and the YTV airing has (at least) the snowman song, rowlf's song and the muppet babies that aren't on the VHS store-bought tape..I think that the store-tape MAY have some things that weren't on YTV, but I'm not 100% sure as I was busy wrapping gifts too while watchin the YTV version, and might just have missed them...

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
If it is the same version that they played last year, then they are the only two missing scenes. Plus, (assuming the same as last year's airing) there isn't anything on the VHS/DVD that wasn't on YTV.

You can check out the missing scenes at my site:

http://www.geocities.com/muppetchristmas/mfc.html

Mark

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
yup, upon looking at your site, I concure...just the stocking and tree lighting scenes missing....wonder why?

Oh well, the YTV version's pretty cool...way better than the store-bought tape..