Can you identify this culprit?

BEAR

Reaction score
I was saw a kid talk segment today with a goofy looking bright orange monster with a shaggy beard was talking to a little girl about dancing. Who is this monster character? I don't remember ever seeing him before. I wish I had a picture to show but my description will have to do for now. Count, is there any entry on your list that fits my description at all? Thanks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No... But me thinks I know who you're talking about. Was the episode numbered 4091? If so, then I know who you're talking about. Reported this in my "Season 36 Character Questions" thread. If you wade through the latter posts, you'll find a descript of him by MuppetDude. It looks like a reddish version of Filfil from SS Egypt, but the nose is different. He hasn't been given a name yet, or at least we haven't heard what his name is as of now. Mayhaps it'll be revealed in the later episodes shown starting in September. Besides that, the only character left so far from Season 36 from being added is the second tuxedo-wearing Muppet who plays the new Number of the Day song with the Count and Countess Dahling van Dahling seen in Episode 4088.
Hope this helps.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
No... But me thinks I know who you're talking about. Was the episode numbered 4091? If so, then I know who you're talking about. Reported this in my "Season 36 Character Questions" thread. If you wade through the latter posts, you'll find a descript of him by MuppetDude. It looks like a reddish version of Filfil from SS Egypt, but the nose is different. He hasn't been given a name yet, or at least we haven't heard what his name is as of now. Mayhaps it'll be revealed in the later episodes shown starting in September. Besides that, the only character left so far from Season 36 from being added is the second tuxedo-wearing Muppet who plays the new Number of the Day song with the Count and Countess Dahling van Dahling seen in Episode 4088.
Hope this helps.
Yeah, I don't really pay too much attention to the episode numbers, sorry. The episode was on today. The main street story was where Zoe is playing with her new friend from ballet class (I think her name is Katrina the ballerina) and Elmo joins them in dancing. Snuffy wants to dance with them but they say he is too big to dance making him so upset that he thinks he wants to be smaller. Maybe, I don't know who Filfil is. Anyway, thanks for the help, Count!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... That's Episode 4091. It's Carina the Ballerina BTW. Filfil is this monster from the Egyptian version of Sesame Street, not sure if there's any info about him on the SS Egypt link at www.sesameworkshop.org

Hoping his name will be revealed in later episodes.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yep... That's Episode 4091. It's Carina the Ballerina BTW. Filfil is this monster from the Egyptian version of Sesame Street, not sure if there's any info about him on the SS Egypt link at www.sesameworkshop.org

Hoping his name will be revealed in later episodes.
Thanks, Count. He really was a pretty cool looking character. Slightly creepy at first, but still pretty cool.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure thing. Just hoping we'll get his name added to the list along with everyone else from the second half of Season 36.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I also asked about this guy in my "Who Was This" thread. It is still a mystery about whether or not this new guy will make future appearances, but I believe that Carina the Ballerina is a one-time character.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, i saw a tiny clip from the little ad on the Sesame videos where they show all the different versions around the world. And in the split second clip of the Egypt version, I saw this guy. I think he was more purple though, i don't remember. He was a different color. Did they just barrow him for Sesame Street. Who is this guy? lol. I never see him in any other scenes but that one talk segment with the little girl about dancing. I wonder if he will develop more.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I was saw a kid talk segment today with a goofy looking bright orange monster with a shaggy beard was talking to a little girl about dancing. Who is this monster character? I don't remember ever seeing him before. I wish I had a picture to show but my description will have to do for now. Count, is there any entry on your list that fits my description at all? Thanks.
the only orange monster I can think of is Frazzle (does anyone know who performed him)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Frazzle? He was voiced by Jerry Nelson. As for this new monster from Season 36... No, we don't know who performed him.
Maybe if someone like Bear or MuppetDude could see this thread and post a good description, maybe I could ask SecretSquirrel about him to finally get the character's name.

Just a thought though.