Can we do something about posting for posts sake?

Drtooth

Reaction score
He's baaaaaack. And he bumped a 2007 thread.

Just reported him. I really think we need to do something about his conduct. If a ban is necessary, then it's necessary. His actions are Spam-a-licious, and he offers nothing constructive or insightful or of any value at all. I'm sure he's got a lot of polite warnings about this that have gone unnoticed. I'm starting to wonder if he purposely knows these actions are annoying, and he's trolling the board.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Drtooth. I'm constantly on watch for this spambot's posts to delete and issue warnings against him... Which leads me to wonder if the warning point system is even a good idea when these people get warnings and just keep on doing the same thing they've received warnings against. I mean, are they genuinely dumb or just doing it on purpose?

As far as banning the member in question, I can't do it, it has to be issued by Phillip cause he's the only one who has a forum-wide administrative control and power to ban someone when a "Spam Button" is no longer present on a member's profile due to the amount of time they've been here at the forums as a "member".

Hope this helps and happy Easter everybody.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yes, as I said in an earlier, this guy does that everywhere he goes. Tons of people have asked him to stop (of course, he never responds to them), banned him, etc. Some have even tried giving him a taste of his own medicine. He's one of the most annoying spammers. It's best to just ban him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If this is the guy I think you guys are talking about, I honestly wonder about him... I mean, like, I wonder if he probably had autism or something along those lines.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
If this is the guy I think you guys are talking about, I honestly wonder about him... I mean, like, I wonder if he probably had autism or something along those lines.
The one that posts five thousand comments on the same Youtube videos, saying things like "Gnarly!", "Huzzah!", "RIP 'So-and-so'"? I've been wondering about that, too. I mean if he has autism, or something similar.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can we also do something about starting new threads for a subject that there's already threads about?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And that brings up the problem of mixed messages. Here, we have people saying don't bump, while now we have someone saying don't make a new thread. So if there's an ancient thread around, and the person wants to post in it, but its old, they can't, but they also can't make a new thread about it...

Now, if there is already a recent thread about it clearly visible, no, we don't need people starting a bunch of threads on the same subject, but if the thread in question is years old, why does it matter? besides, not everyone searches for existing threads to find old threads from years ago

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now, if there is already a recent thread about it clearly visible, no, we don't need people starting a bunch of threads on the same subject, but if the thread in question is years old, why does it matter? besides, not everyone searches for existing threads to find old threads from years ago
That's the point I was making, or meant to make, yes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And that brings up the problem of mixed messages. Here, we have people saying don't bump, while now we have someone saying don't make a new thread. So if there's an ancient thread around, and the person wants to post in it, but its old, they can't, but they also can't make a new thread about it...

We usually get several threads about the same/similar subject. Especially if it's about a new Muppet project or something. We even get threads based on one reference in one show despite the official references to Muppets thread. That stuff happens, especially if the original thread is years old, and buried under pages of other threads and can't be found through searches. I'd rather people start multiple threads on similar topics if they're impossible to find, rather than trudge an old thread up and say "COOL!" Like, not replying to anything, shouting out nothing just to say "I exist."

While I'm on the subject, I found this little tidbit on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=_4TieV3QirU

(I don't know if I can get that to not embed).

Not the video itself, but look at how many times said member I complained about posted idiotic replies. Really... this guy should be banned from every facet of the internet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I seriously suspect he's... how do I say it without being offensive? Um... not all there?