Can we do something about posting for posts sake?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
galagr said:
Almost EVERY SINGLE FAN-FIC (written by the spammers we are referring to, I think) is basically "Lulz OMG XD im sooo in a realetionship wit *insert muppet name here* **** XD"
This happens a lot in other fandoms to the point of no one being bothered by it anymore, but on MC, it just seems...weird.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
There are lots of pointless posts going on in the Gen. Discussion section. When my alerts say "[x] quoted your post", I can kinda tell what the post is gonna say depending on the user. This is the first time that I've been getting "ok", "lol", "I like watching green haired horses fight crime while playing the guitar", and "i agree" type messages, though I know it's been happening to other users. These spamposts have even crawled their way into this very thread. (said posts have been deleted, though)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
All I can say is that a moderator or member of staff should be contacted so they can alleviate the situation, temporarily, by deleting the spammish posts. Other than that, all I can recommend is you contact the forum administration to inform them of the ongoing problems here on the forums. Thanks, hope this helps, and have a good weekend.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just want to ask Phillip to please close the "Which Do You Prefer?" thread in the General Discussions section due to multiple spammers unable to follow the simplest of gameplay rules, clogging and spamming the thread with their junk, causing it to go off-track from its intended purpose. Thanks. :frown:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That is to bad, that has been a long going thread on here, and I have even played from time to time. Ed I know you have been working your little batty tail off getting rid of spammers and things. Are there any other threads that need to be watched maybe we could divide and conquer? If there is anything I could do to help let me know.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dwayne, the only other thread I can think of is the One-Word Story (which seems like an exercise in post-padding to me). Other than that just be alert as there's been a lot of spamming taking place in older fics and threads throughout the forums.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes Sir! I'll keep a look out and report anything that dose not look right sir. Private Dwayne over and out! (marches off into the sun set)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, they really were going at it quite a bit yesterday.

If I may make a suggestion, I think in addition to the "Which Do You Prefer?" thread (which I personally felt passed its prime a loooong time ago when people started repeated questions that had already been done before), the "Can I Have a Hug?" thread needs to be closed as well, as they've pretty much just polluted that thread like nothing else.

PERSON #1: Can I have a hug?
PERSON #2: Ok. Now, will you hug me back?
PERSON #1: Yeah. And will you hug me again?
PERSON #2: Sure. Will you give me another hug?
PERSON #1: Ok. How about another hug for me?
PERSON #2: Ok. If you'll also give me another hug.

On and on and on and on.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, I tried dremmelling off as much of their crud in that thread too. And don't we already have the "The Kiss Kiss Hug Hug Thread" for that anyway? *Shakes head.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah, they really were going at it quite a bit yesterday.

If I may make a suggestion, I think in addition to the "Which Do You Prefer?" thread (which I personally felt passed its prime a loooong time ago when people started repeated questions that had already been done before), the "Can I Have a Hug?" thread needs to be closed as well, as they've pretty much just polluted that thread like nothing else.

PERSON #1: Can I have a hug?
PERSON #2: Ok. Now, will you hug me back?
PERSON #1: Yeah. And will you hug me again?
PERSON #2: Sure. Will you give me another hug?
PERSON #1: Ok. How about another hug for me?
PERSON #2: Ok. If you'll also give me another hug.

On and on and on and on.
You know I have kind of had to look at the way I have been posting as of late. I started to kind of do what your talking about, but noticed it myself, and I stopped. Sorry if I cluttered anything up. I think that maybe the reason these threads are having problems is the fact that there are some newer members who may not have read the rules or understand what is going on. I think if anything we need something like a welcoming committee, where some of the older members try and take some newer members under there wing, and help them show them the ropes and whatnot.

Yep, I tried dremmelling off as much of their crud in that thread too. And don't we already have the "The Kiss Kiss Hug Hug Thread" for that anyway? *Shakes head.

I always thought that the "Kissy Kissy" thread was a fan fic, but if it's not then why do we need to hugging threads?