Can anyone identify this Creature Shop project?

KingLackland

Reaction score
My Roomate remembers something produced by the creature shop that I cannot identify I could really use the help here.:embarrassed:
He thinks it was a television special, there was a little boy with a teddy bear that was ripped and had to be fixed, Giant bird thing possibly partially a machine, called a gryphon or gorgon or something along the lines. the boy had family issues, you see the bird thing fly over the car at the end.

KermiClown

Reaction score
It sounds like Monster Maker, which was an episode of The Jim Henson Hour, in which a young boy fascinated with the special effects industry goes to work for an eccentric special effects artist, despite his parents' misgivings. He comes face-to-face with one of the creations, the Ultra-Gorgon, which comes to life. In the end, the boy and his family resolve their conflicts, and as they drive away together, the shadow of the Ultra-Gorgon can be seen flying above them.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Did the Ultra Gorgon turn out to be controlled by the guy the kid was working for?

Davina

Reaction score
yes it did..
i've got most of these specials on vhs.. taaped them off Odyssey back when they played them... (only way i could watch them due to work schedules....)