Can Anybody Help Me Out?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings, it is I, the Count.

Hey guys, I'm trying to see if anybody can help me by answering the following questions about some characters.
1 What's the name of the African-American girl or woman who assisted Linda at the Sesame Street Library?
2 What's the name of the Scottish collie opera singer muppet who tried to get Bob to be her new piano player?
3 Is Lefty the name of the Salesman? I always thought his name was The Salesman.
I appreciate everyone's assistance with these matters. Thanks and have a great summer.

La-dee-da-dee-da, la-dee-da-dee-da, what's the name of that song?

ssetta

Reaction score
1. The African-American woman who assisted Linda, her name was Yelba. I have only ever seen her on twice. I don't think she was on very much at all.
2. I do remember that dog opera singer, but not the name. I remember Bob was going to be her piano player, until he realized he would have to leave Sesame Street, and all his friends there.
3. He was called Lefty in some skits, but in those skits, I don't believe he was a salesman.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks ssetta

Thanks for at least answering one question, ssetta. MuppetDude posted on another thread that the Scottish collie opera singer was named either Annata Scottie or Renatta Scottie. Do either of these names ring any bells? Which is correct? Here are some questions for other members, should they come into this thread.
1 What's the name of the female construction worker who weared a yellow hardhat like Biff's?
2 How do the names of the orchestra conductor muppet and the muppet in control of Muppet Tonight's TV monitors differ? Are they spelled the same or differently? If they're different spellings what name applies to which character? (It may be out of place to ask this here, but noone else has been able to answer these questions for me, and I'd appreciate all the help I can get.)

Have a great summer, the Count.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

Nigel from The Muppet Show was the Orchestra Conductor, He was performed by Jim Henson and John Lovelady.

Nigel from Muppets Tonight was the Control Room Freak, He was performed by Brian Henson.

See ya

ssetta

Reaction score
The female construction worker's name was Stella, and I have only ever seen her in a segment called "This Song Is For The Birds (Boids, as they say it)".

beaker

Reaction score
>>>He was called Lefty in some skits, but in those skits, I don't believe he was a salesman<<<

Oddly enuff, there seems to be two of several characters. There is Lefty from TMS, and Lefty from Sesame. Baby Bear from TMS, and Baby Bear from Sesame.

Theres two Nigels...and some people say its a Mahna clone on Sesame, but I think its spose to be Mahna Mahna on Sesame.

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Stella, the female Construction worker, helped Rebuild Hooper's Store in 1990, when Biff destroyed it while trying to hang a framed Dollar Bill up.

ssetta

Reaction score
I would have liked to have seen that show, but I don't think I remember it. Can you tell me anymore about it, like what season, show number, or anymore characters, or inserts that were used?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Human Actors

Hello everybody: Your help has been great. I'm finding about characters known and unknown. I need your help again so that I can compliment my Muppet Family listing with the actors who portrayed the humans. Here's the list of what I need:
Angela
Bob
David
David's Grandmother
Doc
Gabriela
Gina
Gordon
Mr. Hanford
Hiroshi
Mr. Hooper
Jamal
John-John, is this the correct spelling? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Kaylub, is this spelling correct? Correct me if I'm wrong. This is the son of Angela and Jamal.
Lilian
Linda
Luis
Luis's Uncle
Maria
Maria's Mamá
Mr. McIntosh
Mike
Miles
Nick & Nora Chicken, I'm looking for the name of the actor that portrayed Nick Chicken.
The Numbers Painter
Olivia
Ruthy
Sam & Sid Sleaze Bros.
Selena, is this spelled correctly? Correct me if I'm wrong. This is the Russian violinist who ended up being the dance teacher.
Susan
Uncle Wally
Wanda the Word Fairy
Xavian
Yelba
El Zero.
Some of these characters I know, but after finding out what a great resource this website and its forums are, I want to confirm the names of these actors. I know it's a tall order, but we can manage to finish it if we all do our part. Thanks for your help and have a great day.

The Count.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Here is a list of the ones I know:

Bob = Bob McGrath
David = Northern Calloway
David's Grandmother = Clarice Taylor
Gabriela = Desiree Casado
Gina = Alison Bartlett
Gordon = Matt Robinson (1969-72), Hal Miller (1972-74), Roscoe Orman (1974-present)
Mr. Handford = Leonard Jackson (1990-94), David Livingston Smryl (1994-present)
Hiroshi = Gedde Watanabe
Mr. Hooper = Will Lee
Lillian = Lillias White
Linda = Linda Bove
Luis = Emilio Delgado
Maria = Sonia Manzano
Mr. McIntosh = Chet O'Brien
Miles = Miles Orman (1985-92), Imani Patterson (1992-present)
The Number Painter = Paul Benedict
Olivia = Alaina Reed
Ruthie = Ruth Buzzi
Savion = Savion Glover
Susan = Loretta Long
Uncle Wally = Bill McCutcheon
El Zero (do you mean Senor Cero) = Emilio Delgado