Calvin & Hobbes Plush dolls BY ME!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Watterson once joked that one of his biggest mistakes was underestimating the value of Calvin peeing on a Ford logo. :stick_out_tongue:

puppetise

Reaction score
they have new strips here in ozz im iploading them to my picture trail over the next months

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Bill Watterson doesn't believe in merchandising. Throughout his career he really pushed the idea of comics as art and in the few interviews he's done he's said that putting the characters on mugs and T-shirts cheapens them in his eyes.

One of his famous quotes about merchandising was ""I am a cartoonist, not the leader of a commercial Calvin and Hobbes factory."
Ah, knew it was something like that, it's been so long.

I agree that some comics are art (like his), but c'mon. I want my Calvin and Hobbes action figures gosh dangit!! :big_grin:

Kidding (kinda). :wink:

Ray and Mia

Reaction score
Awww thanks

thanks everyone! i'm making the Calvin doll right now.. it should be pretty easy ...unlike the Hobbes doll.. well, we'll see.

Melonpool

Reaction score
If you're looking for hair for Calvin, try Lincoln Fabrics on Lincoln Blvd in Venice. That's where I got the fur I used for Mayberry's hair. It's about 3-inch long fake fur and comes in a variety of colors (like bright yellow). I made them into cones and hand stitched each one on as tufts of hair.

Steve

mrhogg

Reaction score
That's a great Hobbes! You really captured it quite well.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Great patterning skills, Mia. You could make Calvin and Hobbes puppets!

hennesprod

Reaction score
Mia,

That is excellent! You have lots of talent, Mia. It is no small deal to take a 2D image and project and build into a 3D image to hold and have it still hold the the character on the cartoon in came from. Great Job! (standing applause)

William