Calling ALL S.S. Fans: Please Read - Regarding DVD Release from Sesame Workshop...

Oliver

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am posting this link to a thread over at the Home Theatre Forums where the goodwill of an employee from Sesame Workshop decided to take time out to respond to feedback regarding the possibility for future developments with classic Sesame Street on DVD:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&postid=2140473#post2140473

Please check out this thread and if possible, register to HTF (it only takes a minute) and let Janelle know how you feel about current Sesame home video product and what you'd ultimately like to see done differently in future.

This is a rare oppurtunity to actually converse with someone willingly who has some pull in the matter.

Let's let Sesame Workshop know what the fans really want and that what is currently being offered is simply not adequate...

Btw, I post as MarcoBiscotti over there - the guy with the really long response.

PLEASE HEAD ON OVER TO SHOW SUPPORT AND LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD!

:smile: :grouchy: :frown: :stick_out_tongue:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
This looks kinda promising.

BTW, sorry if this is OT, but Oliver, I sent you an email through this forum and I want to make sure you got it.

doctort13

Reaction score
I attended a lecture given by Caroll Spinney last week at Miami University. Many college students were nearly begging for early Sesame Street on DVD. He suggested writing to Sesame Workshop.

I registered with the HTF to add my 2 cents on classic Sesame DVD releases. Best of boxsets would work for me. Something like the best of the 70's, 80's, 90's would be something to think about. We are expecting our first child in October, and I would love to watch a DVD of "my" Sesame with my little one.

Oliver

Reaction score
Boober, I'm sorry I seem to have registered this account under a dead email.

Could you shoot me a message at Dooks21[at]Hotmail[dot]com and I'll get back to you?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

PS - Congrats on the child Doctort, I share your sentiments exactly! I have recently been obsessed with collecting and archiving the many shows and animated series that I grew up with 21 years ago with the hopes that I could one day offer this same level of enjoyment to my children and share the memories of my own adolescence. I'm literally building an immense media library with treasure vaults of nostalgia! I want to be able to lay back in my solar powered hover-couch in my declining years and be able to conjure up these cherished memories, so that I can shed a tear and take a glimpse back at that 4 year old boy buried in the thick brown wool rug with his eyes glued to the enormous boxframe analogue switchdial television set, with a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, watching these zany animated puppet characters come to life. I just couldn't imagine any childhood without the Sesame Street that I was farmiliar with in my youth, it just doesn't seem right! Hopefully SW will take our wishes into account, and Dante, I added my signature to that petition!

- Oliver.