Call to all Little Jerry and the Monotones fans

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I love little Jerry and The Monotones!My three favourite musical numbers from them are Sad,Telephone Rock and Danger.They really are groovy!I so enjoyed their segments when I watched SS as a child.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
In"Danger"the band is seen performing their song in a construction site,where brick buildings and stuff keep exploding around them.The song goes"Danger,Daaaanger baby watch ouwowowowout,WATCH OUT".The band members themselves shake with fear at the constant explosions around them. :sing: :flirt:

spinwithagrin

Reaction score
The only Little Jerry clip that I know of that's recently available is 'Telephone Rock' on the 'Rock & Roll' DVD. Not a bad compilation that includes 'Can't get no Cooperation' - nice parody song but the real jem is 'You're Alive' - that song still kicks after all these years!

Oh and Grover's rendition of 'Monster in the Mirror' never goes astray...:wink:

Dantecat

Reaction score
What happens in The Video "Sad"?Do you know where I can hear it from :confused: :sing:

Pug Lover

Reaction score
In"Sad"the band members each have a hanky,while performing the song to the sound of a screaming audience.Their background is just a pale green colour.At the end of the segment,they all break down crying. :sing: :flirt:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Thanks!But do you know where I can hear it from?

I hope it's on Muppet Central Radio.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's right! Well maybe it's OK to do that if it's obviously a joke on a TV show. ::shrugs::

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea, i would guess either since it was called "The Monotones" and the SS version was Little Jerry and not just Monotones but you never know. Maybe that's why we haven't seen any on the Sesame Street Video Beta site they have. But that is neat to know that there was a group called that. Pretty cool.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Little Jerry, pre-Monotones

This will knock your socks off. Way back in the first season, there was a protoype of the Monotones. Bob is seen with a bunch of hippie Muppets, and he's actually putting Jerry's orange hair on top of his pointy green head. Bob walks off, the lights dim, and they lauch into "Spinning Wheel", which at the time was a big hit for Blood Sweat and Tears. There is a spinning wheel and a light show flashing on the screen behind them. It looks like Sesame Street at the Fillmore East, very groovy, very psychedelic. Little Jerry was actually performed by Jim this time.

I'm afraid this one will never see the light of day on an official release, due to all the legal clearances involved. (Just like I'm not holding my breath on the Muppet version of "Up, Up and Away").
But the fact is this clip DOES exist, and a copy is out there SOMEWHERE.

I would also love to see them release a Little Jerry documentary, kinda like Spinal Tap. It could be great.